Royal Purple, Amsoil & Redline; NGK plugs

I recently found a local supplier in Melbourne, as I was currently looking to buy Royal Purple (RP) engine oil for my Corolla Sportivo. Story was, I was getting quoted $120 per quart for RP high performance engine oil by Burson's and Autobarn, which I thought was outrageous, since prices in the USA are only $7.95 for the normal RP engine oil and $14.95 for the RP XPR range.

The price I paid was $26 per quart for the RP XPR engine oil. The normal ones are $14 per quart. I had picked up the 5 bottles yesterday evening from the supplier's address. Good knowledgeable bloke and I really appreciated the service flexibility when it came to organising purchases in such short notice.

So those of you who can afford to spend that bit extra, the details of the private supplier are as follows:

Contact Info

Name: Harold

Mobile: 0414 369 926

Email: sales@performanceLUB.com

:idea: Website: http://www.performancelub.com

History/background

Australia's cheapest, honest & reliable online private supplier at significantly below retail price. I don't ask for trust, I earn it the traditional way, basic business obligation.

Payment policy

Prefer Bank Deposit or Netbank payment (save on fees with payment clearance in 2-3 business days).

Paypal welcome (incurs surcharge).

Postage information

All goods are shipped via registered post (except to Po Boxes) or courier (depending on location) once payment has cleared.

Note: Either service requires a signature. Business address preferred.

Items that are below 5KGs can be Express posted (except to Po Boxes) upon request.

Return policy

All goods are brand new. If I screw up on confirm orders, I will make good. No questions.

Products

Amsoil oil

Redline oil

Royal Purple oil

Royal Purple XPR oil

Royal Purple MaxCycle oil

Mobil 1 EP Extended Performance oil

German Castrol Syntec oil

Greddy rotary oil

NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug

NGK G-Power Platinum Performance Spark Plug

NGK Laser Iridium RX-8 rotary race plugs (RE9B-t & RE7C-L)

NGK RX-7 rotary laser platinum plugs (BUR7EQP & BUR9EQP)

K&N Filters

Guni, are you using Amsoil RD30? What is your opinion of it and its performance comparison to RP oil. If price wasn't a factor, which would you prefer?

Harold is a good bloke. Got some amsoil off him. RP has gone up in price and down in reputation unfortunately. Use to use their products ....

Guni, are you using Amsoil RD30?

Yes.

What is your opinion of it and its performance comparison to RP oil.

Amsoil is a fully sic synthetic oil at a pure grade 5 compare to RP which is a grade 5 wannabe. RP recently got sued by BP who make Castrol oils because of unfounded marketing claims of more horse power and the likes and have, as part of the settlement, be prepared to pull off those marketing "slogans" offline. BP/Castrol tested its oils compare to RP in an independent lab and thus raised the case.

So .... my own PERSONAL conclusion is RP is not much better than the top castrol oil you can buy off shelf, which is Castrol Edge from memory, which you don't have to pay a premium for.

If price wasn't a factor, which would you prefer?

I think you have my answer with or without the price factor.

:D

uh, grade 5? You mean group? And then do you mean group IV? As in Polyolefins? I am pretty sure they have group V (esters)'s available, but not sure that anyone here would use them purely out of cost?

and yes, oil analasys I have seen on RP shows it isnt anything overly flash.....

Guni, are you using Amsoil RD30? What is your opinion of it and its performance comparison to RP oil. If price wasn't a factor, which would you prefer?

Used oil analysis (UOA) is the only real way to tell if the oil is working as it should.