Best fuel for our Aurion(s)

Been reading around different forums and getting conflicting opinions about which fuel to use. Some say they get power boost from 98 octane fuel that is noticeable as well as better mileage (e.g. 500km vs 650km per tank). Some say there's no difference. Some forum members here use E10 and found good mileage and some say it sucks .Please post your opinions here if you don't mind. I've still yet to refill my tank since picking up my car, but probably will have to do so in another 100km or so...

For street driving the Aurion is not fussy with the fuel so just buy the cheapest. Generally speaking the economy gains of better fuel are more than offset by the greater cost. Peformance wise it a marginal but measurable difference if you were going to race the car maybe worthwhile.

Perhaps better for engine longevity too but at a significant cost premium.

Anyone claiming PULP will improve the km per tank from 500k to 650km is just wrong. More likely 20-30km maximum in optimum conditions like freeway cruise.

I have sat down to do the maths carefully but I see the price difference as being too great for this to be a worthwhile excercise even.

Been reading around different forums and getting conflicting opinions about which fuel to use. Some say they get power boost from 98 octane fuel that is noticeable as well as better mileage (e.g. 500km vs 650km per tank). ...

petrol.gif

My calculations use the following “factors”

1. Average petrol prices $1.5/l for UPULP and $1.4/l for normal ULP

2. On average, people fill up the tank after using 55l

3. Best highway run is around 7.8 l/100k and most people run between 9.9 (AS something from Toyota) and 11.2l/100k.

We can see the price of PULP is around 7% more expensive than the price of normal ULP that means if we could achieve around 35-50 km more each tank we are better off. Actually no one or very small number of our normal drivers can get more than 30km. If from 500km to 650km for each tank when switching from ULP to PULP is true then we can laugh to the bank.

My dam Presara now can only “drink” PULP. I don’t know why but it will “cough” if I used normal ULP. I told my wife: “It is now PULP addicted”. By the way, I can only use Shell.

I know someone said he could get a lot more using top rate 100% - I think no such thing 100% for normal service stations.

BH