My Presara got a call from a wrong number!

MarioA

Something really interesting happened whilst I was driving today....

My Toyota link GSM phone rang and I answered thinking it was Toyota calling to remind me about servicing. Instead it was a call from a lady saying my cake was ready to pickup (wrong number).

This leads me to believe that my car has its own mobile phone number that anyone can call if you know the number.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how I can find out my car's mobile number?

Cheers,

Mario

Is it really worked like that?

I think you can set up using your bluetooth and it will connect to your phone.

Well, I'm not using Presara, but I have bluetooth for the phone mounted in my car.

And as far as I concerned, if I don't connect to the bluetooth then you are not using it.

Is there any possibility that it is a really2 wrong number, so she probably press the wrong number =)

Is this the first time this happens? or it happens couple times already?

Have you try to call to your own mobile?

Yes, I had a Toyota service devision teling me a similar story. You must ring the Toyota Link and inform them about that. I don't have this problem in my Peseara (2007)

Thats funny!! Has'nt happened to me, but I did try to order a pizza to my exact position given the boys and girls at the call centre know exactly where I am. I was told while technically possible they were not allowed too...... :)

Thats funny!! Has'nt happened to me, but I did try to order a pizza to my exact position given the boys and girls at the call centre know exactly where I am. I was told while technically possible they were not allowed too...... :)

Oh that is sooo not cool... Shame on you, pizza delivery man!!!

This misdeed shall not go unpunished... :clap:

(...prepare to meet your maker at the hands of my cat launcher)

Yeah - the Toyota link thing in just a mobile phone. I know it is the same in the Holdens and a friend of mine has opened it all up and installed his sim card and a dial pad to actually make phone calls. Not that he makes many cause it's charged to Toyota and they might get suspicious with outgoing calls. He also worked out the number so people can call his car direct and use the hands free.

Yes, this is the first time its happened to me. I have the 2007 Presara.

The wrong number was definately made to the Presara and not my mobile phone. Bluetooth was not enabled on my phone at the time.

Yeah - the Toyota link thing in just a mobile phone. I know it is the same in the Holdens and a friend of mine has opened it all up and installed his sim card and a dial pad to actually make phone calls. Not that he makes many cause it's charged to Toyota and they might get suspicious with outgoing calls. He also worked out the number so people can call his car direct and use the hands free.

Ummmm....If your friend installed his own sim card then why would the call charges go to Toyota?. and how did he install the keypad...what interface did he use?