after market asessories

twiggy73

Just wondering if anyone has brought any after market side steps for their Kluger

We pick up our Altitude tomorrow and I would like to get a set of side steps but the 1000 bucks for the one from toyota was a bit to much

does any one have any recomendations

Thanks

Twiggy

try ebay - should be about $400 with delivery from Sydney ;)

Are you referring to these ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/07-09-Toyota-Kluger...%3A1%7C294%3A50

They look quite good for the money, however, one thing to watch out for is that (in my opinion) the graphite Kluger Grande pictured has the genuine Toyota side steps fitted rather than the aftermarket ones they are selling. If you look closely at the picture you can see the Toyota symbol on the black non slip surface. On the aftermarket side steps there is no logo at all. Furthermore, in my opinion, the genuine Toyota side steps don't have a straight flush end to them like the aftermarket ones do.

I'm sure they may still look very good fitted but I would prefer to see an actual photo of them fitted first before I considered buying them.

Call Toyota spare parts and see how much they cost. Might be a difference and you could save by installing them yourself.

I tried a number of Toyota Spare Parts, the cheapest I found was $895 plus delivery from Castle Hill Toyota, still a bit too high for my liking.

I ended up buying a pair off eBay. They were $380 + $30 postage. They turn at the ends, like the Toyota ones. Easy to fit (although instructions are in Chinese, but the pictures do the job) and my 2 yo can climb in easily now. I think the seller's name is newgenerationimports or something to that effect. They look pretty close to the originals.

I ended up buying a pair off eBay. They were $380 + $30 postage. They turn at the ends, like the Toyota ones. Easy to fit (although instructions are in Chinese, but the pictures do the job) and my 2 yo can climb in easily now. I think the seller's name is newgenerationimports or something to that effect. They look pretty close to the originals.

Hi SpeedRacer,

Great to hear! Thanks for posting with your feedback. If it's not too much trouble would you be able to please take a picture of them fitted on your vehicle and post it in this thread? I'm interested in buying a set for myself but would prefer to have a look at a picture of them fitted first.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Warwick

Hi SpeedRacer,

Great to hear! Thanks for posting with your feedback. If it's not too much trouble would you be able to please take a picture of them fitted on your vehicle and post it in this thread? I'm interested in buying a set for myself but would prefer to have a look at a picture of them fitted first.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Warwick

No problem, I'll try and take some photos for you on the weekend.

A friend bough a set for RAV4 and was very happy with the next day delivery to Melbourne and the way these fit the car.

Personally, I see no need but I am tall :lol:

Hi there Kwach10

Do you happen to know which brand they brought ?

Was it the powerful brand ??

Thanks

Twiggy

Hi All

Thanks for your replys

Those ones on ebay were the ones I was thinking about but I agree with the comments that a picture would be good prior to handing over the cash

I think the straight end wouldn't look to bad rather than the curved ends

if any one has any photos it would be great

Speed racer what was the brand you brought ????

here is a nother type from powerful it is the aluminium side step

Thanks

Twiggy

post-13654-1242802886_thumb.jpg

Edited by twiggy73

Twiggy73, I think the brand is something like Wendo. Here's a pic from the eBay ad. They look a bit skinny in this pic, on the car they are the same diameter as the toyota ones and look better. I'll take some pictures of mine on the weekend.

post-13135-1242864203_thumb.jpg

Twiggy, here's a few photos of the ebay side steps. The main noticeable difference is the bolt under the side step that attaches them to the brackets. Apart from that, they look pretty close to the originals.

Thanks for the nice pics. Could you please post the link to the ebay item ($380)? as I could only find the $370 one with sharp ends.

Cheers, Jason

Twiggy, here's a few photos of the ebay side steps. The main noticeable difference is the bolt under the side step that attaches them to the brackets. Apart from that, they look pretty close to the originals.

They look good!! Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

They look good!! Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

No problem. Just realised it was you who asked for the pics, not twiggy73 :whistling:

Thanks for the nice pics. Could you please post the link to the ebay item ($380)? as I could only find the $370 one with sharp ends.

Cheers, Jason

There's none of this type on eBay at the moment. Just keep checking back. There was a couple of weeks between the last set sold and the ones I bought. I would assume the seller only gets one set in at a time.

Thanks Speed racer for the pics they look great

I am not fussed about which ones i get I just like to see how they look on the car first

I will be keeping an eye out on ebay for the ones like yours aswell

I have asked the guy with the straight ones to send some pics but he must be a shop or something as he is waiting for the purchaser to e-mail him some

so i am not getting my hopes up about a timely responce.

If I get them i will post them asap

Thanks

Twiggy

Edited by twiggy73

Heyy nice pics on the side step....

did you fit it yourself or ask someone to do it for u??

also if u fit it yourself was it easy to do??

cheers...

Heyy nice pics on the side step....

did you fit it yourself or ask someone to do it for u??

also if u fit it yourself was it easy to do??

cheers...

Thanks Mac. I fitted them myself. The instructions were in Chinese but the pictures helped. It was pretty straight forward, the only tricky bit was the front inside bolts. They kept pulling through the hole in the chassis so it took a bit of patience to get them to hold (This will make sense if you see how they fit).

Edited by SpeedRacer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there just wanted to give an update

there are 2 pairs of side steps on ebay at the moment

One pair is the same at the one purchased by speedracer the other is the striaght pair and they have included a picture this time

Sorry unable to attach the picture just look up kluger side steps on ebay

Thanks

Twiggy