iGo 8 Splash Screen

aRuRvaR

Hi guys,

Thought I'd post this up, given it's my first real contribution to the scene. I haven't upgraded to an AUSPACK or similar yet, so I'm still using the GPS on my Omnia. Works well enough, but wasn't happy with the loading screen. So, after a few gratuitous photoshop sessions I came up with these:

loading.bmp loading_portrait.bmp

It's in 240x400 resolution, but I'm sure they can be modified to suit the Auspack units, depending on the screen res.

Enjoy!

That looks heaps good.

If only I knew how to put it on my unit...

:help:

Thanks Freaky :) Here's some brief instructions, hope it helps

If you haven't installed any different skins (don't know if Auspack uses a skin or not) or standard iGO. If it's a standard iGO installation, you should have a "branding.zip" file in the root of the iGO8 folder. Unzip this, copy the file across to the right resolution folder, in my case it is Storage Card\iGO8\branding\ui_igo8\240_400 for the portrait screen, and Storage Card\iGO8\branding\ui_igo8\400_240 for the landscape screen.

Once copied, zip everything back up into branding.zip and copy it back to where you found it. Hey presto!

** Make sure you back up the branding.zip file before playing with it, I won't be held responsible if this crashes your nav ***

Good effort there. Unfortunately I still prefer the one made by 'bok' in June 2008. I am still using this one to this date. As a matter of fact, I have even included this splash screen already installed into the appropriate folders in my iGO8 update download available in that thread as well. That way, anyone who downloads it won't need to modify anything. I even included a TRD background for the menus.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd have a crack at replacing the loading screen for iGo8 with something a little more appropriate for an Aurion.

Disclaimer: not a graphic designer, can just tinker in photoshop a bit.

Here's what I came up with:

loading.png

I've dropped it into mine and think it looks ok, here it is loading up 15 minutes ago (apologies for shaky hands):

loading-incar.png

If you want to add it to yours you'll need this: http://tyrande.odynia.org/aurion/loading.bmp

1. In your IGO8 directory find the data.zip file
  2. Unzip this somewhere (keep a copy of the original for backups)
  3. Copy the loading.bmp file into <where you extracted the file to>\ui_igo8\480_234\ (replace the existing loading.bmp)
  4. Zip the folder back up to data.zip and replace it on your SD card where you found it

If you're using windows XP/Vista too you can just double click the data.zip file, go to ui_igo8 and then 480_234 and drag your new loading.bmp into this file - it should zip it in there for you.

If someone else wants to have a crack at making a nicer one please do! Happy to supply the PSD for my attempt. :)

bok

Good effort there. Unfortunately I still prefer the one made by 'bok' in June 2008. I am still using this one to this date. As a matter of fact, I have even included this splash screen already installed into the appropriate folders in my iGO8 update download available in that thread as well. That way, anyone who downloads it won't need to modify anything. I even included a TRD background for the menus.
Hi guys,

Thought I'd have a crack at replacing the loading screen for iGo8 with something a little more appropriate for an Aurion.

Disclaimer: not a graphic designer, can just tinker in photoshop a bit.

Here's what I came up with:

loading.png

I've dropped it into mine and think it looks ok, here it is loading up 15 minutes ago (apologies for shaky hands):

loading-incar.png

If you want to add it to yours you'll need this: http://tyrande.odynia.org/aurion/loading.bmp

1. In your IGO8 directory find the data.zip file
  2. Unzip this somewhere (keep a copy of the original for backups)
  3. Copy the loading.bmp file into <where you extracted the file to>\ui_igo8\480_234\ (replace the existing loading.bmp)
  4. Zip the folder back up to data.zip and replace it on your SD card where you found it

If you're using windows XP/Vista too you can just double click the data.zip file, go to ui_igo8 and then 480_234 and drag your new loading.bmp into this file - it should zip it in there for you.

If someone else wants to have a crack at making a nicer one please do! Happy to supply the PSD for my attempt. :)

bok

I -knew- I'd seen that one somewhere, but for the life of me couldn't find it.

Don't suppose you got the PSD off bok by any chance DJ?

Don't suppose you got the PSD off bok by any chance DJ?

Nup. I liked it from the start plus I can barely use Photoshop, so modifying it wasn't my concern.

• 3 months later...

Thanks to all who've posted above on this topic

Apologies if this is covered in another thread but I have a couple of questions

Firstly how do I get the unit to recognise the 480 x 234 resolution, mine (an Autome unit) seems to be picking up the 400 x 240 resolution which means that the BOK created graphic is skewed, is there a setting I'm missing? I've added the file to both resolution folders on the SD card.

Secondly is there a setting for the initial start up graphic - I get the Toyota emblem and I'd like to change that as well but it seems like its an embedded file as it comes up even without the SD card inserted.

Thanks in advance

M.

Firstly how do I get the unit to recognise the 480 x 234 resolution, mine (an Autome unit) seems to be picking up the 400 x 240 resolution which means that the BOK created graphic is skewed, is there a setting I'm missing? I've added the file to both resolution folders on the SD card.

If you have the Autome unit, you should be utilising the 800x480 resolution. This will make the best use of your screen.

In this case, using the image created above will not be ideal since it is of the wrong resolution. Why not just create your own image and use that instead. I just used a photo of my car that is in my Members Rides thread. I resized it to 800x480 and put it in the appropriate folder.

Secondly is there a setting for the initial start up graphic - I get the Toyota emblem and I'd like to change that as well but it seems like its an embedded file as it comes up even without the SD card inserted.

This is written into the head unit. It's not particularly easy to change unless you have a copy of the head unit firmware, and if not, some electronic knowledge.

Well, bugger me, I've been looking for this thread (albeit without putting in much effort)!

Anybody know whether there is a font for that 'Aurion' text, or whether Bok would made his own lettering/edited something off the web?

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be the first to admit to not being as "techy" as i'd like to be!! After googling 2010 IGO 8 maps etc for an hour or so and finding a million files.... How do i know which is the right one to update my maps?? please anyone?

The maps can be a bit touchy and only like to work with certain versions of iGO8. Your best bet is to start from new with an updated program as well. Links are here:

http://www.austech.i...feb-2010-a.html

I'm having huge problems with this! I've updated successfully before, but the version of Igo i got from here won't open... it keeps saying "application database not found". Suggestions?

I'm having huge problems with this! I've updated successfully before, but the version of Igo i got from here won't open... it keeps saying "application database not found". Suggestions?

Have you modified your 'sys.txt' file to point to the right folders etc? You can simply shortcut this by using the 'sys.txt' file from the iGO8 that should have come with the head unit.

Without getting off my a55 to get the SD card out of the car, the 'sys.txt' file should contain something like this:

[folders]
app="StorageCard/iGO8"

Usually when you download things like this, 'StorageCard' is replaced with things like 'SDCard' which the head unit doesn't recognise.

Yeh, i've been screwing around trying stuff like that... I can't get it to work for the life of me!!! I'll keep fiddling, if I can't succeed i'll bring my laptop on thursday and copy someone else's file off their SD card.

Yeh, i've been screwing around trying stuff like that... I can't get it to work for the life of me!!! I'll keep fiddling, if I can't succeed i'll bring my laptop on thursday and copy someone else's file off their SD card.

This may seem a bit basic, but did you go into the settings in the NAVI menu screen and point it to the new iGO8 exe?

This may seem a bit basic, but did you go into the settings in the NAVI menu screen and point it to the new iGO8 exe?

haha... yep. sure did. from what i can gather off a heap of reading on the net, it's a problem with my sys.txt file... i just can't get the right stuff in it!

Because I'm nice. Mind you, this took me a bit of playing around to get it to utilise the screen resolution properly:

[msnd]
enabled=0

[gps]
port=2
baud=9600
protocol=nmea

[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="800_480"
vga=1

[rawdisplay]
class="landscape"
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
highres=0

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
defaulttilt3d=7600

[map]
3d_max_tiltlevel=10000
3d_max_zoomlevel=3000
3d_min_zoomlevel=40
3d_max_zfar=2000

[smartzoom]
minangle=0
maxangle=80

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

[device]
sdcard_dsk_num=7

Turns out this unit doesn't need the pointer to the directory like the other unit.

yeh, mine still isn't working either. i'm coming along to the meet tonight with a laptop... i'm going to copy someone's SD card (if someone will let me!)

I posted this on another thread awhile ago.

Not all sorted yet.

But I went into the SD card on the PC and det the port and baud to the correct ones and now the IGO fires up fine.

It still hangs occasionaly and you need to shut down the car to fire it back up and the mapping is pretty out of date for where I live and work.

Autome said they will have som updated mapping in 6 to 8 weeks.

Any one know where to get some differant voice files for IGO8 software?

Spied

Hey Spider.

I found this thread for great help with Igo8, and a few awesome update files. You do need to sign up to see the links though, but the guy who created this thread, is like the GPS equivilent of DJKOR.

http://www.austech.i...feb-2010-a.html

You just need to register on that sight to see the links.