Bob jane Xenon Z7 - Not a bad bit of rubber

Well just got a set of 215/55/17 Bob Jane Xenon Z7's and after one trip through our local esses I would have to say I am impressed. Not scrubbed in at all and the essex6 sat fairly well.

Ordering the strut brace and rear sway bar next week which will hopefully take care of the family car body roll it still seems to have a bit of.

I would have liked the 235/45/17 Falkens but according to leaseplan even though I pay for the car etc I'm not allowed to pick my own tyres :)

Anyone has used any other tyres that are sticky and good for some playing around let me know....

Cheers.

Mick

Well just got a set of 215/55/17 Bob Jane Xenon Z7's and after one trip through our local esses I would have to say I am impressed. Not scrubbed in at all and the essex6 sat fairly well.

Ordering the strut brace and rear sway bar next week which will hopefully take care of the family car body roll it still seems to have a bit of.

I would have liked the 235/45/17 Falkens but according to leaseplan even though I pay for the car etc I'm not allowed to pick my own tyres :)

Anyone has used any other tyres that are sticky and good for some playing around let me know....

Cheers.

Mick

How about wet?

Cheers.

Mick

Not really a high performance tyre, but I got some Kumho Ecsta LX KU27s fitted the other day (215/55/16) and they are a bit better than the standard Dunlops for a lot cheaper.

Cheers.

Mick

Not really a high performance tyre, but I got some Kumho Ecsta LX KU27s fitted the other day (215/55/16) and they are a bit better than the standard Dunlops for a lot cheaper.

How much were they?

Can anyone tell me anything about Yokohama C-drive tyres? I've used Yokos before and can't complain. Family car use/commute/occasional country runs.

The stock Dunlops are close to shot at 41K.

How much were they?

Can anyone tell me anything about Yokohama C-drive tyres? I've used Yokos before and can't complain. Family car use/commute/occasional country runs.

The stock Dunlops are close to shot at 41K.

Got them for $131/tyre fitted through discount on another forum. I think the RRP on them is around $200-220 per tyre.

Where did you purchase the tyres for that price? The listed RRP on Kumho's website is $328.90.

Kumho KU27 LX Platinum

The price is for 215/60/16s not the 17s. It was from one of the sponsers on Boostcrusing - Option1 Garage - which are a drift workshop so get cheap as prices on Kumhos. I couldnt fault their service or the tyres.

Where did you purchase the tyres for that price? The listed RRP on Kumho's website is $328.90.

Kumho KU27 LX Platinum

The price is for 215/60/16s not the 17s. It was from one of the sponsers on Boostcrusing - Option1 Garage - which are a drift workshop so get cheap as prices on Kumhos. I couldnt fault their service or the tyres.

That shop works on volume mostly. Federals from them are also one of the cheapest in the country. Speak to "Storm". Nice bloke.

+1 for Option 1

went with my colleague on Thursday and they were cheap but with no nasty service... which is great!

but my colleague wasnt happy when the tires he brought for his Rex was the same ones I got running in my Yaris... LOL

Cheers.

Mick

How about wet?

Well went for a run around Mt NEbo and Glorious last night. Wet leafy corners and had no probs keeping up with a Supra and EVO 8. Bring on the strut brace and rear sway!!!!

I'm Running Falkner FK452 directional tyres (245/35ZR19 Y) on my bus and i can't really praise them enough, in both the wet and dry the confidence they give you when throw it in a corner is simply inspiring you can really trust them and lean on them there a really good thing! of course the down side is firm ride quality and at least whilst they were new a little bit of tyre roar but that seems to of settled a bit now. 9000kms later I’m stoked with my choice and would recommend them to anybody.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a look at Falken 26912 in 215/60/16 for my Aurion today and might get them.

However Bob Jane have the Xenon Z7 on sale at the moment.

If prices were comparative, which would be the better tyre? Family car...commute/occasional country runs. Doesn't get driven hard, and mostly by my wife. (I prefer my m/c)

edit: Falkens it was at $135 each. The Xenon's were a tad more as per their brochure.

Edited by boxerboy