just installed my new speakers and amp, what a tough job :D

xCalibur_

so today, for the first time i've installed speakers into my car and it was my beloved aurion :)

it was such a difficult task, but very very satisfactory

big thanks to my mate for helping me

things i noticed:

the huge factory tweeters

the near impossible task of running a wire from the kick panels to the door

due to the mounts i made for the tweeters, some cutting was needed for the tweeter grills

here are a few pictures attached of the install, hope you like

post-22021-0-73391000-1354189699_thumb.j

post-22021-0-36630500-1354189723_thumb.j

post-22021-0-33950100-1354189848_thumb.j

post-22021-0-17899800-1354189873_thumb.j

post-22021-0-82917300-1354189923_thumb.j

post-22021-0-62516000-1354189962_thumb.j

post-22021-0-28734700-1354189998_thumb.j

post-22021-0-47383300-1354190022_thumb.j

post-22021-0-84080500-1354190186_thumb.j

post-22021-0-20925500-1354190229_thumb.j

specs of what i put in:

Alpine Type R Component SPR-60C

Alpine Type R Coaxial SPR-60

Alpine PDX-F4

if you check my other post about speaker sizes, you'll find the link to the ebay seller.

i recommend buying from them as they sell all the speaker mounts for aurions, front, rear and tweeters

also, if you provide them with minimum 10 photos of the install, you will get 50% of your money back

Looks nice, in your pic what is the PAC SWI-RC thing, I can only read 'Steering Wheel' on the packet from the angle? Is it a remote control for the head unit or an adaptor for the steering wheel controls to work with the Pioneer unit?

Edited by SATORI893

its called the steering wheel interface remote control, it lets you control the head unit with your steering wheel

however not sure if ive programmed it wrong, but the up and down arrow on the steering wheel only goes next and previous in the FM tuner :unsure:

the functions i've got working on it are, vol up and down, next and previous for certain input modes, and the mode button decreases the volume by half

Edited by xCalibur_

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't get 6x9" because there is barely any difference in sound quality, they are more expensive and either way you go, you'll need a bracket.

for the front, there are very very few companies which make 6x9" component kits, so 6.5" component was the choice.

as for the back, 6x9" give a TINY bit of extra bass (alpine spr-69 is 60Hz - 29KHz, alpine spr-60 is 65Hz - 29KHz) which i dont need seeing as i have a sub installed which is doing all frequencies below 100Hz

its all choice really. in the end, you wont see them.

i didn't get 6x9" because there is barely any difference in sound quality, they are more expensive and either way you go, you'll need a bracket.

for the front, there are very very few companies which make 6x9" component kits, so 6.5" component was the choice.

as for the back, 6x9" give a TINY bit of extra bass (alpine spr-69 is 60Hz - 29KHz, alpine spr-60 is 65Hz - 29KHz) which i dont need seeing as i have a sub installed which is doing all frequencies below 100Hz

when i installed mine i didnt need any bracket ... and my speaker magnet is big also i cut the stock speaker out and reused the bracket Edited by Shadow_

when i installed mine i didnt need any bracket ... and my speaker magnet is big also i cut the stock speaker out and reused the bracket

see i would have cut the factory speaker, but if i do plan to sell the car, i'll have all the original parts

• 3 weeks later...

update:

finally finished the whole audio system upgrade

just installed my new subs, and let me say, bootspace in non-existant :P

just getting the box in was a slight struggle, i probably have about enough space for one bag

post-22021-0-18332600-1357198005_thumb.j

final specs:

Alpine Type R Component SPR-60C :- front speakers and tweeters

Alpine Type R Coaxial SPR-60 :- rear speakers

2x Alpine Type R Subwoofer SWR-12D2

Alpine PDX-F4 :- 4 channel (front and rear speakers)

Alpine PDX-M12 :- monoblock (subs)

Pioneer 2450bt :- headunit

Optima Yellow Top Battery

as you can tell, i went with a near full alpine system, head unit to be upgraded in the future :D

i'm northern suburbs of melbourne

what about you

and hell yeah it pumps hard, really doesn't make me miss my kicker sub

lmao, you had a kicker as well? Looks like we both started off with a kicker sub. I had one too. It was ***** weak and I hated even turning it on.

Yeah also northern suburbs here :D

• 4 months later...

its a pioneer AVH2450bt

attachicon.gif2012-09-16 14.07.05.jpg

attachicon.gif

How much did this gear cost? Did you install yourself or get it professionally done?

Did you need a new fascia panel to make it look right or is that the stock one in the pic?

Looks amazing by the way

Nice.... got a finished pic of the stereo install?

there are some progress pictures with the speakers in the door panels and parcel shelf, and tweeters in the dash, and amp mounting. cant really show more due to the panels all being on, its all hidden. looks all stock apart from the head unit.

its a pioneer AVH2450bt

attachicon.gif2012-09-16 14.07.05.jpg

attachicon.gif

How much did this gear cost? Did you install yourself or get it professionally done?

Did you need a new fascia panel to make it look right or is that the stock one in the pic?

Looks amazing by the way

i cant remember exactly but it would have been around the 700$-800$ mark.

this is what the head unit looks like in the dash. yeah there's a fascia panel around it. i installed it myself with a mate.

post-22021-0-00093200-1368418566_thumb.j

Did you just buy a fascia panel from somewhere? I'm not much of an installer so I just want to be able to get all of the gear to my mate and say put it in.

You wouldn't happen to have part numbers for all of the parts would you? Sorry if I'm being a pain in the *****

Did you just buy a fascia panel from somewhere? I'm not much of an installer so I just want to be able to get all of the gear to my mate and say put it in.

You wouldn't happen to have part numbers for all of the parts would you? Sorry if I'm being a pain in the *****

any car audio store will be able to provide you with the facia plate. i myself got mine from jb hi fi. but if you plan on getting it from somewhere else, just ask them for 2006-2011 toyota aurion or 2006-2011 toyota camry

any car audio store will be able to provide you with the facia plate. i myself got mine from jb hi fi. but if you plan on getting it from somewhere else, just ask them for 2006-2011 toyota aurion or 2006-2011 toyota camry

Thanks mate you've been very helpful. I have been having a look at head units and the one you have is discontinued but still available from some places(Ebay etc) but I think I'm am going to go with the 2013 version of it for a similar price.