HUD install guide

DHC09

Installing the HUD is very similar to the installation of the shift light written by 'theDefiant1', in fact I'll be stealing some of this pics from his guide :P

The instructions in the manual that comes with the kit is very clear (its also in Mandarin if you can't read Engrish :P)

The following is the way I went about it and include some tips:

1. Follow steps 1 and 2 to remove the cluster. Link

2. Splicing the 3 wires:

gallery_3415_329_2978.jpg

You will first need to find wires 2, 4 and 9

Pinout 2 = ground > HUD wire – Black

Pinout 4 = ignition > HUD wire – Red

Pinout 9 = speed signal > HUD wire – White

Run the wires to the dash, heres how I did mine:

0303081808kl9.jpg

3. Placing the HUD unit and HUD screen:This bit is a little tricky, so have some patience.

i. Find a suitable place to sit the HUD unit and turn on the ignition. You'll see the numbers light up and reflect off the glass.

ii. Now sit in your normal driving position and (if you can) get someone to position the screen where you can see the numbers through it (Remember the screen goes inside the car :P).

iii. Mark/note where the screen should be (eg with a bit of tape) so you know where to fix the screen later.

iv. Clean the window.

v. Remove the protective clear plastic off the HUD screen (the side with the QC sticker)

vi. Stick on the glass. Note! ITS VERY EASY to get air bubbles so use a credit card or the like to scrap on the screen. (I found going side to side worked alot better than going up n down)

vii. Turn on the power again and adjust the position of the HUD unit to make sure you can see the numbers through the screen, and fix into position.

Should look like this when its all done:

0204080032kh8.jpg

4. Put everything back in place

5. Calibrating the HUD: This is prob the most important part of the install, and read the manual first.

i. Find a flat road with no cars where you can drive at 50km/h for a bit

ii. Press [menu] till speed lights up and press [set]

iii. 50km/h will start flashing

iv. Drive at a constant 50km/h and press [set]

Its very important to maintain 50km/h bout 5secs before AND after you set the speed, as a slight incorrect calibration is compounded when reaching higher speeds. It took me a couple to tires but managed to get it spot on in the end.

Now you can go on to set up the clock and speed warnings etc. :)

Thats it! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

installed mine finally~~ looking good.. but need a new film.. i scratched a LITTLE.. haizz..

but any idea how to make it reflect better? coz it's a little/tiny bubble-looking.. i think probably is coz i cant make the film clean enough with 0 bubble..?

installed mine finally~~ looking good.. but need a new film.. i scratched a LITTLE.. haizz..

but any idea how to make it reflect better? coz it's a little/tiny bubble-looking.. i think probably is coz i cant make the film clean enough with 0 bubble..?

hahah about time.

did you use a plastic card to scrap along the film as you peel off the clear cover?

And unless u REALLY need to... dont peal off the film cause you may damage it. If you must, do it very slowly and don't put too much pressure (as in stretching) on the film.

Depends on where the bubble is, the screen is actually pretty big, so you could try to move the HUD unit so it doesn't display over the bubble.

To make it reflect / display better you can play around with the angle of the HUD unit. In the corolla, the angle of the windscreen is perfect to get a clear display when the HUD unit is sitting flat on the dash, but not sure about the Camry/Aurion.

hahah about time.

did you use a plastic card to scrap along the film as you peel off the clear cover?

And unless u REALLY need to... dont peal off the film cause you may damage it. If you must, do it very slowly and don't put too much pressure (as in stretching) on the film.

Depends on where the bubble is, the screen is actually pretty big, so you could try to move the HUD unit so it doesn't display over the bubble.

To make it reflect / display better you can play around with the angle of the HUD unit. In the corolla, the angle of the windscreen is perfect to get a clear display when the HUD unit is sitting flat on the dash, but not sure about the Camry/Aurion.

lolz.. i tried peeling, and dont see anything, thought that there is nothing to peel :lol:

mayb i try later lolz....

thanks and sorry for my stupidity :P

reason for waited soo long to install it, is coz i couldnt find the correct pin, and ended up finding that actually i shouldnt connect the negative to the negative pin, BUT to a screw or metal part of the car..

:blink: wait... you didn't remove the clear plastic cover for the HUD film?

That would explain why you don't get a clear image :lol: at least you could take it off the glass easier without damaging the film

Edited by DHC09

• 1 year later...

Hello

first of all i would like to Thank a ton to origioanl poster for such wonderful guide ,

i have question ,

1) i have toyota corolla ( 1,8e 2004

can i install this HUD in it ?

2) dose it give gost image ( Doubble Image while reflecton)

Where i can buy it ?

i have searched a lot on Ebay and other shopping site, i did not find this HUD

( any if any one know GPS navigation HUD ) it would be cool

Thank you

• 4 months later...

Installing the HUD is very similar to the installation of the shift light written by 'theDefiant1', in fact I'll be stealing some of this pics from his guide :P

The instructions in the manual that comes with the kit is very clear (its also in Mandarin if you can't read Engrish :P)

The following is the way I went about it and include some tips:

1. Follow steps 1 and 2 to remove the cluster. Link

2. Splicing the 3 wires:

gallery_3415_329_2978.jpg

You will first need to find wires 2, 4 and 9

Pinout 2 = ground > HUD wire – Black

Pinout 4 = ignition > HUD wire – Red

Pinout 9 = speed signal > HUD wire – White

Run the wires to the dash, heres how I did mine:

0303081808kl9.jpg

3. Placing the HUD unit and HUD screen:This bit is a little tricky, so have some patience.

i. Find a suitable place to sit the HUD unit and turn on the ignition. You'll see the numbers light up and reflect off the glass.

ii. Now sit in your normal driving position and (if you can) get someone to position the screen where you can see the numbers through it (Remember the screen goes inside the car :P).

iii. Mark/note where the screen should be (eg with a bit of tape) so you know where to fix the screen later.

iv. Clean the window.

v. Remove the protective clear plastic off the HUD screen (the side with the QC sticker)

vi. Stick on the glass. Note! ITS VERY EASY to get air bubbles so use a credit card or the like to scrap on the screen. (I found going side to side worked alot better than going up n down)

vii. Turn on the power again and adjust the position of the HUD unit to make sure you can see the numbers through the screen, and fix into position.

Should look like this when its all done:

0204080032kh8.jpg

4. Put everything back in place

5. Calibrating the HUD: This is prob the most important part of the install, and read the manual first.

i. Find a flat road with no cars where you can drive at 50km/h for a bit

ii. Press [menu] till speed lights up and press [set]

iii. 50km/h will start flashing

iv. Drive at a constant 50km/h and press [set]

Its very important to maintain 50km/h bout 5secs before AND after you set the speed, as a slight incorrect calibration is compounded when reaching higher speeds. It took me a couple to tires but managed to get it spot on in the end.

Now you can go on to set up the clock and speed warnings etc. :)

Thats it! Enjoy!

where can i get this HUD to buy ?