Aurion roof dome light wiring!

Hey i hope someone can help me with this here :)

I want some leds to come on when i press the unlock door button: ie. wire leds to the dome light circuit!

i realised after using a fuse tap that there is always a current running through the led circuit, which means my plan wont work!

the only other option i have is to thread a wire through the roof and down the side directly into the leds from the dome light!!

this is possible, however i got really stuck when i didnt know how to pull down the roof foam or somehow get a wire in there D=

on top of that, i dont want to accidently set airbags off, dont know if its even possible...

Thank you to anyone who has any advice on threading a wire from the dome light through the roof and down the side compartment with the seatbelt! Would really appcreciate the help :)

Cheers :)

My suggestion would be to tap into the dome light wiring from behind the glove box. From the Body ECU/distribution panel behind the glove box, you have a all your normal 18 or whatever gauge wires. From here it leads to a connector behind the A-pillar (in which the A-pillar cover is non-removable unless you cut the clip holding it on) and then it goes up to the dome light as a ribbon cable... which is hard to tap into carefully.

I didn't take any photos and I'm not pulling the glove box/Body ECU out again, so it's up to you from there on together with the aid of a multimeter.

I connected my wires from the roof light, down the a pillar and fed behind the dash. The a pillars do come off without having to break the clip , it's just a bit diddly. Another option is to check the ignition barrell light - it might come on at the same time as the roof light which might save you alot of trouble.

thanks guys! well i ended up doing it =D

not down through the pillars or tapping into the ignition light, but threaded the wire through the dome light hole, towards the back corner and down the side.

For anyone who wants lights to come on when you press the unlock button...

1. Tie wire to a stick and pull down the clips that hold the roof foam just above the rear passenger seats

2. put the stick in and blindy look for it at the rectangular hole when it reaches to that point, then grab the wire and take the stick out

3. Thread the wire down the side, in between the seats and under the scruff guards to the front

DONE! LOL so yeah took extra 3 meters of wire but it works :)

• 3 months later...

thanks guys! well i ended up doing it =D

not down through the pillars or tapping into the ignition light, but threaded the wire through the dome light hole, towards the back corner and down the side.

For anyone who wants lights to come on when you press the unlock button...

1. Tie wire to a stick and pull down the clips that hold the roof foam just above the rear passenger seats

2. put the stick in and blindy look for it at the rectangular hole when it reaches to that point, then grab the wire and take the stick out

3. Thread the wire down the side, in between the seats and under the scruff guards to the front

DONE! LOL so yeah took extra 3 meters of wire but it works :)

Because I don't understand how the others did it. I am going to give this a go..

If I fail this then I truly suck...

:whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...