Flex - The journey of a box ( Updated 13/01/14 )

flexin

lol, thanks mate, all the monitors are purely cosmetic, they are not practical.. only for shows.. etc, i picked up the monitors at a price i couldnt refuse, i love the way it looks now, i have made room to garage my box now also which helps

• Like 1

Jim the tails looks crazy... you never seam to amaze me with what you do... thats why yours is my fav box out here.....

just out of curiosity are their any plans for the reverse and turn signals to go to LED as well? or just keep to stop/lights...

again big props dude good to see someone going down the custom route...

lol, thanks mate, all the monitors are purely cosmetic, they are not practical.. only for shows.. etc, i picked up the monitors at a price i couldnt refuse, i love the way it looks now, i have made room to garage my box now also which helps

Pretty sure you could squeeze in a 50-55" tv in the boot.

Just sayin'...

Love it mate!

Jim the tails looks crazy... you never seam to amaze me with what you do... thats why yours is my fav box out here.....

just out of curiosity are their any plans for the reverse and turn signals to go to LED as well? or just keep to stop/lights...

Cheers Chris.., as for the taillights they are not finished yet, i want to get the indicators switched to sequential indicating like the audi r8 spyders, front / back.. i am still waiting for a mate to recieve the parts for the circuitry, but if it works out like i think it should it will be off its nuts...the skys the limit bro.

Just sayin'...

Love it mate!

Yeah forsure mate, maybe somewhere down the line lol!.. was also thinking a rear projector.. lift up the trunk back it up against the wall and get the popcorn out..!

Cheers Chris.., as for the taillights they are not finished yet, i want to get the indicators switched to sequential indicating like the audi r8 spyders, front / back.. i am still waiting for a mate to recieve the parts for the circuitry, but if it works out like i think it should it will be off its nuts...the skys the limit bro.

>

Just sayin'...

Love it mate!

Yeah forsure mate, maybe somewhere down the line lol!.. was also thinking a rear projector.. lift up the trunk back it up against the wall and get the popcorn out..!

Hate to admit it but seeing as Defyant has the templates for the LED's from doing your tailights mine might end up the same, I'll see though depending if I get a response from the states on the US OEM tailights :)

Also in regards to the projector, if you search around youtube gizmodo.com.au (tech website) had a Rukus a while back that they did some mods on (it ended up looking pretty terrible) but one of them was a projector in the bootlid that was custom moulded into the plastic. I believe they got Ryda at Petersham to do the work :), if you are going down that route I suggest also having the ability to hook up an Xbox, PS3 or even better a Nintendo 64 to it :P

>>

Just sayin'...

Love it mate!

Hate to admit it but seeing as Defyant has the templates for the LED's from doing your tailights mine might end up the same, I'll see though depending if I get a response from the states on the US OEM tailights :)

Also in regards to the projector, if you search around youtube gizmodo.com.au (tech website) had a Rukus a while back that they did some mods on (it ended up looking pretty terrible) but one of them was a projector in the bootlid that was custom moulded into the plastic. I believe they got Ryda at Petersham to do the work :), if you are going down that route I suggest also having the ability to hook up an Xbox, PS3 or even better a Nintendo 64 to it :P

or a carputer and run roms then you can play all of them just get different controllers... ;)

looking good mate, top stuff with the diy mods!!

Cheers mate, there are still a few more things i want to do till i can be satisfied with my baby, but till then its an endless battle ;)

• 2 weeks later...

very tastefully modded, and looks different, but nice :) keep it up

Thanks alot mate, i get these comments alot, esp from people on the road lol!

i took off the side vent inserts on the front bar on sunday as they will be getting modded into sequential indicators and also a white drl vertical line which will run off a switchback circuit, really looking forward to this mod, ill take some video once complete

To be honest jimbo never really felt the ruckus as a eye catcher.BUT F¥@k sakes man that is a pippin ride!Very nicely done boss, have to see this in person for sure.

Cheers mate, it is deffinetly a headturner on the road lol!! Its basically how i want it to look now with the exceptions of some more mods lolol

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man, really impressed with your box. It's quite amazing. Was just wondering about your current DRL's, easy to install? Are they the eagle eye LED's?

And the puddle lights also, easy to install?

Hey man, really impressed with your box. It's quite amazing. Was just wondering about your current DRL's, easy to install? Are they the eagle eye LED's?

And the puddle lights also, easy to install?

Cheers bro, i actually ended up scrapping those leds,.. i am getting some new ones made up ( better quality ), the eagle eyes were VERY bright, but very inconsistent with light output.. and not only that i had some dodgy ones i had to replace because water kept getting inside them, so if you are planning on a custom route with drls the only advice i can give you is make sure they are in some sort of waterproof casing and they are quality leds, regarding the puddle lights they were quite easily.. you take off the side skirts and run all the wiring through inside them.. and not only that they fit in the factory holes where the rubber grommets go underneath, so every second grommet i put one of those puddle lights in, no drilling nothing.. i also had them tapped into the dome light circuit along with the led lights i had put in the front grills so they come on/off with the dome, they actually fade in / out, if you have any other questions just let me know mate..

- Jim

alot of time and effort, with that said its a one off so yeah.. the 2013's in the US come out with drls now but nothing like this, just some ****ty white leds that arnt bright at all

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys so we knocked over the headlight mod yesterday, i picked up
these led strips that just look like a solid beam of white light which i
wanted to use in this job because i didn't want the "dotted effect", we
went with the shape inside the headlight so it looks all factory and
gives it a mean look!, we also sprayed the inside satin black, the
strips are switchback so they can go amber as well but i probly won't be
running the amber, i don't think they are strong enough to work as my
primary turn signals along with my sequential down the bottom, heres
some piccys, some vids too i also took a couple quick snapshots of the
rear too

1085_zps814bc21c.jpg