V6_fan

Hi all, I've just bought a 2104 Aurion ATX here in NZ, and have been reading the threads in here with interest.

Have any of you guys driven a Blade Master ? There's a few around here as Jap imports.

For those that don't know, it's effectively a Corolla with the 3.5V6 in it - same engine/transimssion package as the Aurion, shift points slightly different.

WOW !! what an experience THAT was - HUGE grin factor, and very,very quick, probably sub 6.0 secs 0-100k ? somewhere close to that anyway.

That's what got me to fall in love with the V6 engine, the Blade was a bit too small, so I convinced the other half to let me get the Aurion.... I will add to fuel economy thread - I don't drive all that far, and a mix of 100kph country roads with a small amount of town - getting 9.6 so far according to gauge - will check when I start filling up.

Will be trying out a drive over the Rimutakas soon (bad hilly road in NZ, lots of accidents), looking forward to it.

Edited by V6_fan

Welcome aboard Andy and congrats on the purchase! The Blade Master is a very quick car indeed. My dad currently owns a 2.4 Blade S but is on the hunt for a 'perfect' Master G (leather/suede interior, radar cruise control, front and rear lips etc), but finding that perfect combination is no easy feat. Funnily enough, I have a Blade Master G steering wheel on my Aurion, working paddle shifters and all :). The Blade is 120kg lighter than the Aurion which makes it a bit quicker, and the shorter body definitely makes it 'feel' like it pulls harder. Glad that you decided to go with the Aurion though. Much more legroom and you can run them on regular 91 octane instead of 95 premium.

See you around the forums B)

Why don't we have this in Australia?

The Blade sounds awesome. I'd love one in a wagon, would be sick as.

Couldn't get rid of the Aurion though so would have to have both 😜 haha.

^ The closest in wagon form would be the Mark X Zio. Some of them had the 2GR in them. It weighs an extra 70kg more than the Aurion due to it being a 6-seater, but would definitely be a good combination of power and space.

Here's some pics of an 'Aero Tourer' version:

407992010.jpg

407992030.jpg

396013210.jpg

They're a 2x2x2 seating arrangement. The very rear seats fold flat so you have a normal size boot space when not needed. The engine bay is quite a lot more cramped towards the firewall compared to the Aurion, much like the Blade, so doing any work back there wouldn't be much fun :) - More info here: http://www.miyazono.jp/auto/toyota/car/to_markx-zio_0902.html

57331.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hey I found out a couple things...

the Blade is available (although very rare) but badges as "Mark X"

also, I found an Aurion avant/estate/touring/wagon.

possible photoshop?

ill see if I can get some pics up, otherwise just google Aurion Wagon and click on images, should pop straight up.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, 07Prodigy said:

Hey I found out a couple things...

the Blade is available (although very rare) but badges as "Mark X"

The Blade and the Mark X are two completely different vehicles.