2011 ATX Fog light instal

Sydo

Hey guys, new to the group but happy to have used the forum for references. I just bought and already fitted in a set of fog lights I got off ebay. 

They fit well and I plugged them straight into the factory harness that was there, managed to instal a relay from Autobarn behind the glove box and a friend helped fit the stock fog indicator off a touring aurion that I bought off the wreckers. 

According to what I've been reading here, that should have done it but nothings happening. Where could I have gone wrong? 

Cheers.

It's hard to say.

Are you getting any power to the relay?

Are you getting power in and out of the fog switch?

If you have not done so already, you will need to trace back with a multimeter and make the appropriate connections.

Haven't checked the power from the fog switch so I will, but the connections on it are the same as the previous switch(atx switch without fog) and everything else works well.

All the same I'll double check.

From the relay side of things, there is the 12V but no trigger for it when I switch on the fog light while on parking lights. Which then means either I got the wrong location for the relay or a burnt fuse or the fog switch not working. 

Checked the fuse - all good so am not sure wha

Not sure what but I'll check the switch. Ay chance you could confirm location of the relay? 

Thanks.

Also was going throughthe forum and saw this: Let me know if you have any info please. 

Cheers

Screenshot_2017-04-15-18-37-16.png

There is also a fog light relay that needs to be fitted into the standard wiring harness that connects up the stalk on the steering column.

I cannot remember exactly where in the cabin under the dash/ or glovebox area [?] it is located.

Last year I picked up some foglights from a wreck then did a Google search for fitting the fog lights to discover that I also needed to fit that stalk with the switch and the relay. I did not proceed any further because that stalk had already been removed from that vehicle and I bought a 2008 Aurion Prodigy with foglights and a towbar

No haven't checked the new fog switch but I'll try and organise with a friend to do that. Out of curiosity, how would you do that?

Hey Campbeam,

I installed a relay on the glove box according to the forums I've read here before as well as a stock fog switch. I think the problem could be with the switch. 

Welcome to any thoughts/ opinions though.

Cheers

22 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

If you have not done so already, you will need to trace back with a multimeter

It is a process of elimination. I would test the foglights to confirm that the bulbs actually work, then go visit a friend who knows how to use a multimeter. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, campbeam said:

Only just realised tonight, that the foglights only work when the parking lights are also on.

This is a legal requirement.