Coilovers installed

<rollin>

Coilovers finally arrived, installed last Friday. Ok if you want my honest opinion about them..here it is

1. Fronts were valved way too hard (i was the guinea pig apparently) when you hit an average sized pothole SMASH! no give whats so ever. Getting them re-valved immediately.

2. There is a period of settling- in of the spring and shock. This means that they creak and squeak when going over bumps, ditches etc. It is at it's absolute worse when the car has not been used for a while ie; mornings. Embarassing to say the least.

3. Height adjustability range is good, however easement of changing the height is a bit of a pain. You would be laughing if you had a hoist. I don't so i am not.

4. They are considerably noisier than factory setup. However, it is only when A/C and radio is turned off that you really notice.

Well there you have it. Honestly if i could turn back time i would not change the factory setup. They have cost me a lot of money and time and at the moment little benefit.

I was about to go for Tein Coilover. But I don't know if it will go down as much as I wanted. By the way, if you have a picture of your car with the coilover on its lowest setting could u please post it so i can have a look?

Thanks

I emailed hot bits long time ago, and they said they can custom make a height adjustable suspension for corolla. and they say, every single coilover from hot bit will go down up to 10cm to 15cm. too bad i dun have the money, but if i do, hell yes!

The coilovers are Hotbits (street). The adjustablity is about 4 inches. Both front and rear. If you have a hoist it is simple. If you don't you have to jack it up, take off the wheel and adjust using the spanners included. Bit of a pain but the procedure is mostly the same with all coilovers. I would not suggest the race spec ones as they will be dam hard. I considered Teins but they are designed for Japanese roads. Hotbits are Australian made and are fully servicable and rebuildable. They only charge a small fee for this plus parts etc.. I will post pictures as soon as everything is sorted out.