Changing Spark Plugs On 98 Vienta Grande - Any Easy Way !!!

Grande_Tony

Dos anyone have have an easy way or any tips on accessing the rear 3 spark plugs on a 1998 Toyota Vienta Grande as i am in the process of doing a service.

Front 3 are a scinch but the rear 3 look to be a pain in the *****, guy at the auto shop said to replace the 3 rear with the Platinums and then just put 3 NGK equivelents in the front and then on the next service all that has to be done is replace the 3 front NGK,s.

Any tips hints or miracle solutions would be gratefuly received.

Regards To All

Tony

Grand_Tony

There is no easy solution. Some people use a number of extensions to do it but its still very hard. The only real way is to take the intake plenum off, if your confident enough then do it because its not that hard, can also give it and the throttle body a thorough clean while its off.

Edited by aussie_camry

agreed ..the plugs in the rear should be platinums so you dont have to service them as regularly(As theyre good for 100 000ks) & I recommended NGK iridium sparkies should suffice in the front bank..ven if u do have to service the rear bank & remove the manifold it would be a great idea to clean it out thoroughly..

Hi mate. It pretty ez to reach the back of the engine. If my hands can reach the 3 plugs at the back...so can u.. However...u will need 2 short extensions instead of a long one. The long one wunt fit nicely for ur ratchet handle to turn. Btw, instead of the aftermarket NGK plugs, u can get the org platinum bosch plugs at the Toyota Dealerships. Cost only ard $16 each. Cheaper than aftermarkets and orginal moreover. Hope my advice helps...gd luck.. :clap: