V6 in a Corolla

Has anyone either done this or heard anything of this being done?

I know in the US one can buy a kit to put a 351 (5.8L V8 for the younger ones) into a Focus (and make it RWD at the same time). Wondering if there was anything like this for the Corolla.

Has anyone either done this or heard anything of this being done?

I know in the US one can buy a kit to put a 351 (5.8L V8 for the younger ones) into a Focus (and make it RWD at the same time). Wondering if there was anything like this for the Corolla.

I dunno about a kit cause engine wouldn't fit .. mm have to be mounted sideways ...

I seen a 3.8ltr V6 in a 1978 corolla ... next time i saw the car was a picture wrapped around a pole :(

but engine fitted under bonnet with strut towers modded .. engine / radiator went almost to front bar ..

Looked neat inder there ... 5 speed celica gearbox and running gear ( will try to find pics)

was a rocket .. but no longer :( but as new corolla think it would be no good...

I did find one website in USA they had retrofitted a 2jZE engine from supra into 2003 corolla sedan(us model)

remember to enigineer the car would cost $$$$$ most US states laws are VERY flexable not like in Australia..

to put a 351 in an XF falcon will cost you $1200 to get it certified in Vic

I reckon and 2ltr AWD corolla supercharged its ***** off would be perfect !!

in japan they have dropped the aurion v6 engine into the aurus (corolla) its a 3.5L with stupid torque and power however i doubt we would see it here in aus. As for doing this sort of a conversion ..... as any workshop will tell you .... anything is possible .... it only takes time and money ....

there is an article posted on the forum somewhere if i find it ill post it up again.

I can't see any reason why you can't put the Camry or Aurion V6s into the Corolla. They are both mounted the right way anyway, would just have to make sure the engine fits and that engine mounts can me moved to suit.

i was bored one day and actually thought about this,putting a camery v6 into our rolla, but than i thught it will be really nose heavy, and also all that extra torque to the front wheel, it will wheel spin like a phsyco in the wet, and torque steer like a mofo