And Now onto the next S'tivo Problem

xoom

Bill,

Same thing here mate. I have notified my dealer, everytime I have been in there since day 1. It has been recorded on paper also on many a phone call.

Yet as soon as they see CAI and other mods on the car they speculate!!!!! :angry: even though the issue was looged when the car was 100% stock with the first 1000 K service :blink:

I can understand if these issues popped up after the mods had been applied.....but 100% stock.....sorry mr dealer...thats just wrong!!

Same here, it happened to my wife when we picked the car up new on the drive home. I don't think she reved it over 3500rpm yet on 2 occasions it did not want to go into 2nd.

I drive 50km each way to work & home again and rarely ever touch lift on the journey and it will refuse to go into 2nd and 3rd at least 1/2 a dozen times a week.

I would like to know how Toyota can explain at 3000rpm slowly changing to 3rd with the clutch pressed to the floor I can get a couple times a week grinding. I hardly ever push my car and most of what I have done to it is to improve the driveability down low so as to not have to rev the guts out of it.

I have my new TRD clutch in my hands as of today so on Friday after it is in we will have an answer as to wether a better clutch helps.

OK Guys

I just got my car back Thursday. Some of the problems have been fixed after speaking to the service manager. The rattle in the glove box has been fixed after 3 attempts. The knocking on the front left suspension has been fixed with replacing the suspension and it seems to fix the problem again after 3 attempts.

Now the only problem left is this rattle or some sort of pinging noise when accelerating. They still have not fixed it since the replacement of the gear selector cable. They have replaced the thrust bearing already but it didn't make any difference. The noise is consistent all the way to 8000RPM, at this point it turns into a hissing noise at high revs. I've called Toyota Customer relations and complained to them about the level of service at my dealership. It always takes at least 3 attempts to fix any problems big or small. I don't think they take me seriously. I've advised them of some possible solutions that some people here on the forum have done to fix certain issues and to give it a try. They just shrug it off like I don't know what I'm talking about. Like for eg. The knocking on left suspension, I've told them to replace the suspension a few months ago which seemed to have worked for some of us but they say "Nope, It's not a faulty suspension". Now that it has been replaced the noise has gone away. Why do these mechanics always assume that we don;t know what we are talking about.??? :angry:

I've spoken to customer relations and have organised for a field technician to come out to my dealer on Wed 23th Oct. I will discuss this with him and see what he has to say about it. For all those who might have similar problems stay tuned for the outcome.

Good to hear the suspension worked out well.

When I took mine in for the recall, I got them to check mine but all they said was, 'sorry couldn't find a problem, but tightened a few bolts' and told me to monitor it, but they did accept that there were a few noises that seamed to get quieter with the tightening... But my point was that quieter, ther noises are still there right... :angry::angry:

hmmmm... I'll look into it more now that someone else has seen the noise dissapear with the change of the suspension.

Same here, it happened to my wife when we picked the car up new on the drive home. I don't think she reved it over 3500rpm yet on 2 occasions it did not want to go into 2nd.

I drive 50km each way to work & home again and rarely ever touch lift on the journey and it will refuse to go into 2nd and 3rd at least 1/2 a dozen times a week.

I would like to know how Toyota can explain at 3000rpm slowly changing to 3rd with the clutch pressed to the floor I can get a couple times a week grinding. I hardly ever push my car and most of what I have done to it is to improve the driveability down low so as to not have to rev the guts out of it.

I have my new TRD clutch in my hands as of today so on Friday after it is in we will have an answer as to wether a better clutch helps.

I had that happen to me too mate, slow as grandma type of shifting and the gear still cruched! My car only had 2000kms on it then. But it seemed to have disappeared after i changed the gearbox oil to synthetic and added Nulon G70 transmission additive. But after all that i still think its a Clutch fault and i will have mine changed when i save up enough dough. The synthetic gearbox oil will help to protect the gears better though so i would reccomend doing it and change it every year or more frequently if finances allow. Remember the gearbox has no fliter like the engine does so all loose metal chippings will be floating around freely in the gearbox. Not good.

Plus i find that when the car is jumping over bumps or when the wheels are spinning like crazy or when you bang the limiter, the shifting is smooth as silk to shift! WHY IS THAT??? Maybe the clutch got stuck with all the G-forces and when you suddenly hit a bump or bang the rev-limiter it all loosens up hence freeing the shifter??? Or maybe its the transmission mounts? Maybe, maybe, maybe...

Edited by ZEEROLLA

I had that happen to me too mate, slow as grandma type of shifting and the gear still cruched! My car only had 2000kms on it then. But it seemed to have disappeared after i changed the gearbox oil to synthetic and added Nulon G70 transmission additive. But after all that i still think its a Clutch fault and i will have mine changed when i save up enough dough. The synthetic gearbox oil will help to protect the gears better though so i would reccomend doing it and change it every year or more frequently if finances allow. Remember the gearbox has no fliter like the engine does so all loose metal chippings will be floating around freely in the gearbox. Not good.

Plus i find that when the car is jumping over bumps or when the wheels are spinning like crazy or when you bang the limiter, the shifting is smooth as silk to shift! WHY IS THAT??? Maybe the clutch got stuck with all the G-forces and when you suddenly hit a bump or bang the rev-limiter it all loosens up hence freeing the shifter??? Or maybe its the transmission mounts? Maybe, maybe, maybe...

Well Zee as I have said now in a couple of posts this morning my shift issues do now seem to be fixed with the new shifter cable, Redline Oil and TRD clutch. The box is now very sweet to use. If you ask me definately the clutch is a major issue with these problems!