rolla sportivo

gday people does anyone know where i can get mods and stuff. for my 2004 sportivo?

i wanna try get huge kws out of it but havnt got a clue where to start.

cause at the moment it flys. and no one looks twice at it because its a rolla.

but i want it to be even quicker so dudes who think they have the nasty looking speed warrior can watch me make em look like posers.lol

any ideas?

As well as the engine being no good for turbo unless you do a complete rebuild with better valves, oil pump, sleeving the cylinders, new pistons and lowering the compression. I have seen a celica with a turbo it is producing less kw than mine with the CAI, Extractors and UNICHIP. A super charger is possible but still a very expensive option.

why did you choose a sportivo? if you want it boosted?

should have got a MR2 3sgte vvti or TT Supra

Keep it NA hehehehhe

go high compression pistons

and new "standalone ECM"

when they have aggressive CAMs get that

Sportivo would be a beast 130kws at the WHeels at least

Eddy,

Just look around this forums here ther are losts or interesting reads about what we can, can't and never want to do to our bevoled corollas ;) (esp the Sportivo)

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the ride.

Alot of the Stivo dirvers here are keeping it ATMO all the way. Why? because we can. Though its more interesting (also expensive) to tune and mod N/A cars rather than slapping a turbo or SC onto it.

But the choice is entirely up to you ;)

A twin turbo 2zz, that would be worlds first. Keep it NA all the way, its more fun when you beat a turbo. We are lucky the way these engines work, spin all the way to 8 grand, so theres quite a few posibilities, even though 140kw out of the stock 1.8 NA is pretty damn good, awesome actually.

yeah thanks for ya comments dudes i was just wondering about certain things.

but i dont just wanna keep up with the big boys i wanna leave em for dead lol.

especially since most that dont know the awsome power of this 1.8 think its a girls car. i wanna show em that ya dont judge a book by its cover lol.

i read one of the comments the other day about shift lights and how much easier it makes gear changes at high revs without redlining. so i went and bough one today.lol

theres so much i wanna do an buy for the rolla but honestly dont know where to start?

does anyone know some good performance places to approach in melbourne to ask their appinion aswel as all you guys?

but all in all dont really want turbo but didnt think much more power was possible without looking at turbos and superchargers. thanks for ya input dudes.

by the way i never though in a million years id be driving a corolla over a wrx but this car is one mad little beast.

There is nobody better in Melbourne or Australia than this forum. Nobody in Melbourne can advise you as nobody knows much about the car in relation to service places or the Asian Style car places (no insult intended) as they do not think much or the Corolla or have not seen much for it. All after market stuff typically comes from overseas from home work by the various members of this forum. Everything relating to a Mods on my car typicaly has come from places like www.trdsales.com (almost 90%) they are one of the only places around that supply legit pricing and genuine TRD,Toms or C-one componenets. There are places like Whiteline that sell suspension (as well as various other suspension shops) and wheels but that is about it in Australia.

Hey there,

I have a stock 03 Sportivo - just had the recall bits done today. Does the TRD CAI make any real difference on the dyno are is it all fart no pooh (all sound no performance - if you get my drift) ?

There is SO much missinformation about what ACTUALLY makes power vs what just looks or sounds faster.

Thanks !

Hey there,

I have a stock 03 Sportivo - just had the recall bits done today. Does the TRD CAI make any real difference on the dyno are is it all fart no pooh (all sound no performance - if you get my drift) ?

There is SO much missinformation about what ACTUALLY makes power vs what just looks or sounds faster.

Thanks !

To put it in your teminology:

It's a seam tearing f@rt quickly followed by a bowl shattering, a$$hole stretching mother of all dumps. :D

Have not dynoed before and after but my seat of the pants tests have me believing (with no doubt) it makes a huge difference to the driveability of the car. I can really feel it from 3000rpm onward.

Any of the guys here who have done the TRD CAI will say the same thing. If I was to get a new Stivo tomorrow I would order the CAI for it today. No questions.

Every cold air intake has an air pod which acts as a filter for dirt and crap from the air, to put it simply, a CAI is a metal pipe connecting to the throttle body fitted with an air pod at the end, and the air flow meter somewhere in the middle of the pipe, look them up on the net, you will see what i mean. Its less restrictive than the original air box, as more air enters the pod, and since the pod is located away from the engine bay, colder air enters the engine through throttle body via the pod and pipe. Since colder air is much more dense than hot air, when it mixes with the fuel in the combustion chamber, there is more of an explosion as there is more oxygen to burn, and you get more power.

Hey there,

Thanks !

To put it in your teminology:

It's a seam tearing f@rt quickly followed by a bowl shattering, a$$hole stretching mother of all dumps. :D

Have not dynoed before and after but my seat of the pants tests have me believing (with no doubt) it makes a huge difference to the driveability of the car. I can really feel it from 3000rpm onward.

Any of the guys here who have done the TRD CAI will say the same thing. If I was to get a new Stivo tomorrow I would order the CAI for it today. No questions.

After the recall i can feel a much greater response between 2000-5000rpm. I think the CAI now post recall will make less of a difference. But how is the top end? I feel that the Stivo still lacks a little top end oomph :P .

Question: With the TRD CAI - to install it - do you have to make permanant / irreversable changes to the air box / intake system? Having a look in the engine bay I cannot see how it would fit. Could someone please explain.

Secondly - is the price of $460 (or so) in Oz Dollars or USD ?

Thanks.