Why are the Melb Boys Piking on the Meet ??????

xoom

Brothers from other mothers south of the border ...... Why are none of you joining us @ the big meet ????? Surely we can get representation from the melb community ?????????

Heyz...

Was talkin to B bout dis...but yea sorz...its right smack bang in da middle of exam time for many of us... >_<

Respect to u Mish for organisin what will be a totally awesome event!! ^_^

If it were later in June...early Julyish...Definitely...a whole lot of us, would've come...

>_<...>_<.....>_<

Woohoo! This takes the pressure off the other guys in Canberra!

:lol:

nah, u got..."Quality" over "Quantity" ;)

You sure? Sleeping in my car like a bum ftmfl haha.

Exams are a thorn in the paw of this meet (that is this meet had a paw, which of course it doesn't but I'm using it to display metaphoric appraisal of the situation).

:(

For those of us in Queensland, it is right smack bang in the middle of a thing called work, but we're still coming...

For those of us in Queensland, it is right smack bang in the middle of a thing called work, but we're still coming...

But werk is differunt to ecksams Azza, az learning iz harda den werk.

:ph34r:

I got 2 exams on Monday the 11th (public holiday too I know). As much as you all know I'd love to come, it's just almost impossible being my final year and everything. Like someone said somewhere before, priorities first... :)

Not to mention a lot of the guys here have sold their cars too with many others currently following suit as well ATM.

But werk is differunt to ecksams Azza, az learning iz harda den werk.

:ph34r:

Someone finally understands! All this beer and used textbooks, it's a tough world out there man.....

I got 2 exams on Monday the 11th (public holiday too I know). As much as you all know I'd love to come, it's just almost impossible being my final year and everything. Like someone said somewhere before, priorities first... :)

Not to mention a lot of the guys here have sold their cars too with many others currently following suit as well ATM.

Word...n Word... :( :( :(

All I am saying is, that everybody has things that they have to do.

It just seems mighty suspicious to me that anybody that has started and argument against what people are doing (eg, your car is crap, CES is crap, your stereo is crap or anything like that) is generally from Melbourne. If it isnt a Melbournian that starts it, then they are pretty quick to get on board to join in, now it's time to square up and show us what you have, and everyone is hiding behind exams and stuff....

I look at it like this, you guys in Melbourne seem to spend an aweful long time sitting on the forums talking about your cars, times, installs and meets, and from what we read, you spend an aweful long time hanging out with each other down there, yet a request is made that you take one day off (Friday) to make your way to Sydney, spend the weekend putting up what you have been spruiking, then spend the Public Holiday getting home and you run and hide behind exams.

How many of you actually have exams on the Friday arvo and over the weekend an on a public holiday???? With my knowledge of Universities, prolly none of you.....

If you need this time to try and cram, then perhaps you shouldn;t have spent so many weekends sipping free latte's at e-gene's cafe all semester....

Azza,

Common man...dat's a bit of a harsh "generalization".

Ur being real sharp sayin dat we can't spare a weekend because we need to cram due to sippin free coffee.

Sorry if your not happy with a handful of us down here, but the judgments of some can't be held accountable for all, especially for newbies that are keen to get into TOCA.

A lot of us take a lot on board from u guys across the nation, n take it quite appreciatively. ^_^

I dunno about all the arguments between Melb and Qld or whatever is being implied here, but Azz you probably should lay off the uni boys...

Here's what I have for example:

Thursday 7th: Consumer Behaviour, weighting 55%

*Proposed meet*

Tuesday 12th: Microeconomics 2, weighting 75%

Saturday 16th: HRM & Strategy, weighting 45%

Saturday 23rd: Marketing Research, weighting 55%

As you can see, Universities do hold exams on weekends, and exams aren't just a p!ss in the park either... Maybe the boys down there do have time for several latte's during semester because I know my assessment during the semester isn't worth sh!t compared to a 75% final...

Also remember people like Brandon are in their final year so their stress would be fairly hefty.

You said you're missing work, well I have a job too and if it wasn't exam time I'd be happy to drop that.

Nobody is hooking into the ACT boys and there are only 3 of us who have exams anyway... :help:

Cmon Aaron man, you should know better than to generalise mate.

Those guys saying crap about other peoples work, car, whatever... well I don't know about you, but I'd rather them stay far away from any meet as much as possible if they're going to be like that... unless you had other plans to deal with them and it sure sounds like it.

We spend a lot of time together? We don't have a weekly or even a monthly meet. Why don't you check when the last group gathering was. Even I can't remember when it was. If people are busy, they are busy... and believe me, organising a gathering down here is like hell. Last minute drop outs, always.

How many of you actually have exams on the Friday arvo and over the weekend an on a public holiday???? With my knowledge of Universities, prolly none of you.....

I don't even know what to say about that... and actually a lot of people do have exams over weekends. Even the ones who don't cram and study consistently throughout semester know the last few days are most important.

No one is hiding behind exams. I think the ones you are referring to (I hope) don't even have exams, well most of them.

We're sorry we have exams. Is that what you wanted to hear?

I have to say too Azza, that your wrong when comparing work and exams.

You can arrange holidays from work (most of the time) but you cant ask the uni to move the exams so you can attend a corolla meet in syd.

I know whats its like in undergrad and no one studies during the semester, only the few weeks before the exam block.

I wouldn't have gone to the meet if there were upcoming exams (PhD yO :P). Superdave almost couldnt make it either also due to exams.

BUT. It is suss that not one person can make it from Mel. and that no one (as fas as I know) mentioned the possible clash with the meet timing and exams.

surely yous will know that theres end of sem exams during June. <_<

Edited by DHC09

what da hells going on here i havent been on the net for ages cuz i dont have net anymore lol and i come back to this lol

work in comparison to exams is totally different...

i did wanna come down but i dont want to meet the likes of people like you who go and and say were hiding and exams arent important

i dont study or anything but i know the guys down here study there asses off cuz we hardly have meets down here.

its not that easy to just drive down also we arent made of money well im not