Why are the Melb Boys Piking on the Meet ??????

xoom

Okay, I am not generalising....I guess I just didn't explain myself....

BUT. It is suss that not one person can make it from Mel. and that no one (as fas as I know) mentioned the possible clash with the meet timing and exams.

surely yous will know that theres end of sem exams during June. <_<

Dave prolly got my pooint across better.

It's like this, of all the guys from Melbourne, you can not tell me that there isn't one person that could make it up to Sydney? If I were to start a thread on which state has the better cars, then the Melbourne guys all come out of the woodwork (which is fine) but it seems they all go run and hide when something like this comes up.

As mentioned, it's a bit suspicious that not even ONE person can make it up......

As for it being easier to take time off work. My full time job is that of a Finance Officer in a State Government Department. Now if that isn't making it hard enough to get time off in the last 4 weeks before the end of the FInancial Year, then when I throw in that I am also doing my boss' job (the Assistant Finance Manager), I can tell you that it was near impossible to take the time off, considering I am supposed to be at work on the Public Holiday Monday.

At this stage, as the Qld boys know, there is only one thing that will be stopping me from going, and that is a bank balance shortage because of my overseas holiday next year. Unfortunatly I wont know 100% until the week before....

cmon az!

its not like this is a 'compulsory' meet man ...

lay off the melb guys yO :)

im sure they have their own valid reasons for not being able to attend

besides at the end of the day.....its just a corolla meet lol :P

Just reminding all in writing to remember that it is difficult to determine any emotion, feeling or sentiment in the written word. Some things said in this thread are probably less aggressive than they seemed.

My 2 cents worth? I spent 9 years at uni, and have 3 degrees and have sat more exams than I care to remember (and can't remember most of the content anyway - Viva la Cram). And I always found exams to be more important than most things going on (including when the WRC was still in Perth, and I missed most of them). Stating the obvious - you fail an exam, and it can hold you back an entire year. It's not worth it. I rationalised that if I could not make this meet in June due to work requirements, and once i'm back in Perth, well I could always fly over for the next one.

As it happens, I will see those who are there, and hopefully meet the rest at another time in the future. :rolleyes:

Well I will be there and yes the finances will be tight for me to get there but seeing as my car will be up for sale in june this will be the first and last time some of you will see it. You may know someone who would want to buy it!!!

Anyway for those who miss out because of Uni tough luck and maybe this will happen next year but then again it mighten. For those who are not coming because someone who you don't like is coming to this meet then please grow up and get over yourself. Hell i work with people I cannot stand(lazy buggars) but I still turn up for work(general example) so guys if you can look past the nose on your own face and turn up you never know..... that person/persons you don't like might just be a good bloke/girl after all.

I will be trying to meet everyone who is there as putting the name to the faces and the cars will make chatting on this forum a hell of a lot easier for me!!

Over and out and back to getting my car ready....:)

Well I will be there and yes the finances will be tight for me to get there but seeing as my car will be up for sale in june this will be the first and last time some of you will see it. You may know someone who would want to buy it!!!

Anyway for those who miss out because of Uni tough luck and maybe this will happen next year but then again it mighten. For those who are not coming because someone who you don't like is coming to this meet then please grow up and get over yourself. Hell i work with people I cannot stand(lazy buggars) but I still turn up for work(general example) so guys if you can look past the nose on your own face and turn up you never know..... that person/persons you don't like might just be a good bloke/girl after all.

I will be trying to meet everyone who is there as putting the name to the faces and the cars will make chatting on this forum a hell of a lot easier for me!!

Over and out and back to getting my car ready....:)

I hate you so much Brenndan and I'm still going.

j/k

:lol:

wow!!

everyone here needs to take a chill pill!!!!!

wwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know that everyone here has their own problems behind the computer screen in reality including myself, and i definately don't hold it against anyone. i really wanted to to hold a peacefull meet where all of us on the east coast can put names to faces and faces to cars. i mean we spend so much time behind a desk posting etc... that i thought it would be nice to get out and breathe some fresh air and have some nice peaceful cruises where bygones can be bygones.

i knew when i picked this date that it might be impossible for some people to come. but when i looked at the calender this was the only public holiday aside from easter and christmas we share with all states. and those other dates are mainly family orientated days.

so i'm so sorry to all those that are in uni and yes uni is important and all i can say is that i hope one day we all do meet you all.

we all go through difficult times thats no lie......but it wasn't hard for me and mark who have 4 kids and full time jobs to find one or two calender days in a 365 day year to meet everyone and have some good old chit chat and some fun outings......not to mention to show and shine where will we will be giving out a few trophies ( relentless plug i know :P

) oh and did i mention some sight seeing. :D

anyways boys this isn't a ****** competition and this isn't even about what car one drives. its more a social event where we can all meet each other on neutral territory.

so chill....... :D

*group hug *