New corolla offer - To good to be true?

Hey,

I own a 2007 Corolla Levin (Manual, Previous Shape - 07 Build etc)

It is immaculate and has 4000km's.

I am interested in the new corolla Levin SX and started enquiring.

From one dealership i was told $23 - $24K for trade in, then $28.5k on road for the new one.

Decided to ring the dealership who i bought the car from, and after some talking i got given the offer of,

Straight swap!!!

For those that know how much my car was brand new :help:

In my math, thats a 5k difference - And my car is traded in for well, the same price i paid 3 months ago.

Is this to good to be true?????

Sorry for jumping all over the place

Edited by B rad

Personally I would go the ZR model. But saying that... straight swap... I would do it! But it is a new model so my brain is saying wait a year till they iron out the bugs... But still straight swap hrrrrm.

Yer the shape is slowly growing on me.

Here is the math:

My car new on road $28,400

Levin SX on road RRP $28,500

Dealership # 1. Quoted $23,000 - $24,000 for trade in. Said if i sold it private, $26,000-$27,000. Gave the RRP of $28,500 and told me to basically keep my car or sell it privately then come back.

Dealership # 2 (Good friends with salesman + just bought my car ). After 30mins of talking trash, and me asking for a good change over "What if i said i could do a straight swap"....

Obviously the SX price will be lower then that with bargaining, and hey, if its straight swap, ill be signing on the dotted line, first thing tomorrow! :yahoo:

Edited by B rad

Yer the shape is slowly growing on me.

Here is the math:

My car new on road $28,400

Levin SX on road RRP $28,500

Dealership # 1. Quoted $23,000 - $24,000 for trade in. Said if i sold it private, $26,000-$27,000. Gave the RRP of $28,500 and told me to basically keep my car or sell it privately then come back.

Dealership # 2 (Good friends with salesman + just bought my car ). After 30mins of talking trash, and me asking for a good change over "What if i said i could do a straight swap"....

Obviously the SX price will be lower then that with bargaining, and hey, if its straight swap, ill be signing on the dotted line, first thing tomorrow! :yahoo:

Awesome car. It's just so ugly imo lol. Ah it may grow on me one day. Good luck Braddles.

regardless of age.. your current car is still gonna be the "old" model compared to the current model aurus/corolla.

i love my car.. even if its not sportivo n facelift, but youre getting yourself 6 gears!?! compared to the levin.. thats got 5 right?

personally id be regretting not taking that offer later

WTF?! :o

Go Go Go!...lolz at first i didn't like the new Rolla...but its kinda grown on me...

Think bout it...straight swap n u get so many new and innovative things the face-lift rolla doesn't have.

WTF?! :o

Go Go Go!...lolz at first i didn't like the new Rolla...but its kinda grown on me...

Think bout it...straight swap n u get so many new and innovative things the face-lift rolla doesn't have.

like what? an extra 200kg of useless crap?

WOW it has an extra gear....whoopee :rolleyes:

its slower than the 9th gens, looks retarded, is more emissions friendly, is more safe...it sure as hell isn't a drivers car.

in fact, its quite the homo car.

HOWEVER from an economical standpoint you would be better off taking the deal...yes...but then you certainly wouldn't be an enthusiast would you?

only thing i can think of is that they are trying to get some out on the roads and mabey its not going as well as they anticipated after the recent recall on all the new corollas.

I think you should do a straight swap

PROS

like some of the others have said its a newer model. Better resale value in the end.

You can have first bragging rights on this forum as the first new shape owner.

CONS

New engine/new car no mods avaliable ( unless the old mods fit the new engine ).

New engine/new car the bugs have not been ironed out being the first release.

As for the looks go I actually quite like it especially the interior.

:yahoo:

mabey its not going as well as they anticipated after the recent recall on all the new corollas.

What recall was that?

mabey its not going as well as they anticipated after the recent recall on all the new corollas.

What recall was that?

the lever on the steering coloum that locks the tilt/reach for the steering wheel comes undone and falls off.....

Conclusion, my friend is an idiot.

"What you mean levin, i was talking about ascent".

Anyway, they still offered me a good trade in + decnent price, around $3,000 Changeover.

I have decided that im going to hang on to my car, the shape hasn't grown on me that much, and the SX looks very "cheap" compared to my levin.

Found the accelerator to be very light, basically couldn't fell it.

New corolla off the cards till a bit later.

Also word is

Mid 08' Traction + Stability control to be intruduced

Ascent price to meet the $19,990 price tag of competitors soon

Seeing the day the new corolla is released the old model is gunna drop about $3-4k in price ... if they want to sawp go for it .. cause who would wanna buy an old model for 26,000 when new one is 28,000

plus when a dealer trades your car in they have to pay %10 gst on the sale price so they give you 10% less than you got it ...

If you got new car 30,000 you take it back to toyota 1 day later they will max give you 27,000

or they add on they costs they loose to new car price

if you can figure it out .. maybe but like guys said Always new cars / new models have lemons ...