My Bad Luck CRY

Some noob hit the side of my car and luckily only took drivers side door mirror (no other dmg to the car thankfully!)

Any idea on how much this will cost to replace and how hard it is to actually do it ? i mean i was looking at it just then and couldnt seem to figure it out (but it is 3:30am in the morning so ill take a better look at it tomorrow)

i checked out ozeparts.com and i saw the right hand for 219 exc. postage. i was thinking of just ebaying a 3rd party one?

I saw this on ebay, and was wondering if it would fit? and any opinions on how it would look on a black facelift corolla (my car)

Link 1

Need to get this changed asap lol. unsafe driving without one =P

Thanks

Hey,

Same thing happened to Jules/RME1. The ones of eBay are much cheaper and fit nicely. He got the Carbon Fibre instead of the chrome though.

eBay Linky

Cheers,

C.j

There shouldnt be any difference between facelift and prefacelifts door mirrors aye? (my cars a facelift) so these should fit fine? any idea on how to take em off.

P4012408.jpg

Picture 1

P4012406.jpg

Picture 2

P4012404.jpg

Picture 3

From these pictures, i tried to take off the 3 screws that are undearneath in Picture 2 but thats no good.

Would i actually need to take off the rubber seal thats connected to the window as seen on Picture 1?

Lastly, as for the wiring, are they universal? so if i buy the one that CjRasmu suggested, will it just be plug and play? and everything would work? (automatic adjusments, indicators/lights)

Thanks for all your help!

EDIT: nvm i figured out how to take it off, just the next question, these door mirrors should fit fine on a facelift right?

Edited by skriblez

Guest JDM y0 !

whoa thats fcukz0r'd.... yah go some aftermarket ones... toyota parts = costly :S

hopefully that will happen to me soon and give me an excuse to buy some ganador mirrors hehehe, nah seriously hope it doesnt cosz im too poor for ganadors at the moment :P

after taking everything aprat, its only one part which is busted.

P4012416.jpg

P4012415.jpg

P4012414.jpg

It has writing on it SAE PA MXD6 G+P and on the other side it has 7687. (second image)

lol trying to save as much money as possible (kinda strap for cash atm) can i just buy this part? and i guess i'll put it back together.

EDIT: and i kinda figured out that it was hit off by someone intentionally, cos if a car hti it, it wouldve caused more damage (and theres a little dent on the door of my car)

Edited by skriblez

Judging from the pic. Ur mirror is goners. If ur any good with fibre glass maybe u could try and fix her up?

I got the Goose's CF style rice lights for $80AUD including post from USA Aus

These were electric adjustable - plug and play.

I had them installed by the panel beaters.

SM-CF.jpg

Rice light

"Perfect fit = so so" . There is a little bit jutting out - but it's not really noticalbe. Just make sure the bolts on the side are FT (f'in tight).

The non-electric non rice light ones are as cheap as $20AUD posted.

They are easy to install, but they won't be electric adjustable :(

Genuine toyota mirror is : $400++ not including install and spray.

2368301_30_full.jpg

More pics pagetwo of the Goose V1.0

Edited by RME1

sorry to hear that!

especially they hit n run!!!

anyway.. try PM marcus aka kcorro...

hes organising a gb for aftermarket Side mirror covers with LED lights... copy of the toyota one

post-1334-1179656661_thumb.jpg

Edited by XploShun