fuel gauge issue anyone?

hey fellow corollas owner, just bought a used 2004 conquest :yahoo: and filled up the fuel this morning.

but the fuel gauge looks funny.. and the pic were taken on a flat parking spot

dsc00923yd9.jpg

is this a potential problem? it still has 1 month warranty left btw

Not sure but the gauge looks prity normal to me. Unless your talking about the needle not going all the way to the top?

That might depend on how you filled up if the place was on an angle or the fuel cut of was a bit more earlier than it should of been.

yes, it was the fuel needle, it wasn't quite right. i don't think the place was on slope either

tried it at 2 diff servo, and i can actually see an extra fuel overflowing from the small hole for a couple of secs

I've filled up twice, and the needle never seems to quite reach the very top of the gauge. I assumed that was normal. Like the fuel light coming on, even though there should technically be about 20 litres left in the tank. :rolleyes:

yes, it was the fuel needle, it wasn't quite right. i don't think the place was on slope either

tried it at 2 diff servo, and i can actually see an extra fuel overflowing from the small hole for a couple of secs

thts because of the back flush (or whatever u call it) when it gets quite full.. some of them actually comes back up and SITS there.. if u push that little cap or stopper u see it flow back in again.. just keep fueling.. usually another 2 - 3L after the 1st click, you will find urself pretty close to the MAX..

thanks for all the reply guys! thats wht i think should happen, should been over the full mark..

i'll try to talk when i got to toyota then, do u think moving the needle by hand would cause harm?

I've filled up twice, and the needle never seems to quite reach the very top of the gauge. I assumed that was normal. Like the fuel light coming on, even though there should technically be about 20 litres left in the tank. :rolleyes:

Yeah mine goes all the way to the top, but yeah when the fuel light comes on i also have at least 20l fuel in the tank.

Is it really that bad that the needle doesn't go to the very top?

You know that the tank is full, you don't need tha gauge to tell you that. Or is it that you don't want the fuel light coming on earlier than it needs to?

Cheers,

C.j

i went to cannon in camberwell, really helpful as this board has suggested :)

kcorro, if you did replaced those 2 and didnt fix it, im gonna have to cross my finger on this next week, hopefuly this is it

cjrasmu, im sure its not bad and i'll live with that, its just i still left abit warranty so might be best to make use of it :)