Astina GT boys have been a lil naughty

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9213

All the info etc is in here. Sounds like they got dealt with a little harshly. :(

If they had of been driving Sportivo's they may have been able to out run the Cops :toast: Only joking but seems the boys in blue are getting tough perhaps...

That punishment does not fit the crime.

Somthing like that I would of expected a fine. The law is soo screwed more right to the con's less to the law abiding public it makes me sick!

I have 2 friends, that were done DUI a few weeks within each other. One lost his licence for 18 months and the other lost for 1 month. Both were fairly similar circumstances, both had perfect history before that (possibly the one with the lighter sentence had a speeding fine). So I guess it comes down to the Judge at the time for drink driving.

But if the Mazda guys' stories are accurate, I don't see that as being anywhere near as bad as drink driving. Have have even said it to my mate that got off easy that he prolly should have gotten alot worse and he agreed and said he has definately learnt his lesson as he is the one who has to give my other mate lifts alot of the time.

And I think I should add that a few months later a drink driver at about 2 in the morning hit my housemates car (the one who lost his lecence for 8 months, I was using his car as mine was getting work done to it). I should be able to dig some photos out. But it was estimated that he was doing over 100kph as his commodore had hit the parked camry which crushed it against the gutter and the commodore cart-wheeled twice. My housemates called the cops and ambulance and managed to get the guy out of his car through the passenger window, which was pointing up, because he couldn't manage himself as he was too drunk.

The other guys insurance turned their back on his as he was drink driving, Both my housemates lost their cars, and the other guy got a 2 year no licence. They tried to get money out of him through small claims, but he moved and hasnt updated his address, so they lose out.

So to sum it up, even though I agree that there should be laws against dangerous behaviour, Sometimes the law has to look at the situation at a whole. Sometimes the punishment really doesn't fit the crime.

its such a shame the little guys get picked on.

peoples logic says every modded car thats has alot of money spent on it is a hoon/street racer car...

but in real life a dead stock and poorly maintained commodores doing burnouts, drag and other illegal ***** can get away with it...

oh well s*** happens... yea it does depend on the cop n the judge... i remember when i first got my licence maybe a month after... i had a Mazda 929 3.0L RWD... damn that car had torque... anyway i remember drivin back in the rain n turning right at a T-intersection apparently a squad car was behind me but i didnt see it... i kinda 'gave it' n the back slipped in the rain... i got pulled over etc etc n almost lost my licence (ignorant driving 2 points + double demerits = gone)... but i pleaded to the cop and explained that i just got my licence i was inexperienced n it was dark n it was wet n that the car slipped from me... THANK G OD he let me off with a warning... i was s***ing bricks...

so yea i guess it does depend on the cop/judge... just like how my friend got 9 months probation for being "an accessory to driving without a licence" (he was a passenger to an unlicenced driver)

Edited by d_ice

Guest JDM y0 !
its such a shame the little guys get picked on.

peoples logic says every modded car thats has alot of money spent on it is a hoon/street racer car...

but in real life a dead stock and poorly maintained commodores doing burnouts, drag and other illegal ***** can get away with it...

i agree 100000% !

through my daily driving MOST of the people i see breaking the road rules are people with dead stock car that have cheap tyres and poor suspension... highly unsafe. im not saying that a car with good tyres and suspension is allowed to break the road rules, but i feel a lot safer seeing an integra type R with P-zeros racing around than i am seeing a falcon racing around thats for sure.