problems with my sportivo so far

rollagrl

ive had my sportivo since november 03 and these are the problems ive come across thus far....

2 bent exhaust valves resulting in 5 weeks of unsatisfactory care from my toyota dealer.

strange bearing type of noise when car is cold... now its all the time only since it was at the dealer in question.....(they had the head off my motor for 5 weeks with nothing covering the rest off it while my car sat in the sun getting covered in dirt.... and they didnt even change th oil or filter..... :angry::angry:

ticking noise coming from head only since bent valves... clearence and. commpression are ok...

drivers side cv boot is u/s and cv is spraying grease everywhere.

anyone else had any of these dramas?

especially bad service?

Your not the only one rollagrl.

I've been in and out of Toyota numerous times almost every 2nd or 3rd week. I've only had the privilege to drive my car for half the time since I bought it which was back in November last year. At the moment it's still at Toyota getting the thrust bearig replaced. Also getting vibrations fixed and I still have the problem with vibrations in the dash area at 4 - 5K RPM even after the gear selector cable was replaced. I also get a knock sound in the front left suspension when turning right. Toyota say that they don;t know where the noise is coming from. I've been in and out of Toyota at least 20 times and this is no joke. I don;t think anyone has been to their dealer more than that. :P

I;m thinking about changing service departments. Can we bring our cars to another service center and dump the problem onto another dealer? Do you think they will deal with teh problem if it has already been looked at by another service department?

yeah ya dont have to goto the same dealer just as long as its toyota dealship in general.

even then you can get it serviced at ultratune and if they find the problem toyota have to fix it.

i got my first service last week and its doesnt seem the same as before i took it there.

reverse seems to clunk into gear somtimes like the clutch isnt down right but its as far as it can go.

i only trust my personal mechanic but being under warrenty i cant goto him.

its bulls@#t. dealers are never as good as ya own bloke.

BUT WHAT CAN YA DO?