Turbocharging

xTiGeRx

not me either, waste of money.

ill got as far as the pistons but no further.

the engine wasnt made for the extra stress of a supercharger and i reocn it wont last long with one...(unless ur running like 4 psi then it might last like 30000 kms, so not really worth it)

it was made to b na and thats the way it should b done up.

i'm talking about 'locally'.

And the "Local" ones will get them the same way, Us or Japan, it's simply too much to develop parts for the local market unless youre designing them for Holden or Ford.

yeah, true dat dude...

I've seen(i think) on the US TRD sites, supercharger kits for the 2zz motors.

I wonder if that will go into the Sportivo? :unsure:

I've seen(i think) on the US TRD sites, supercharger kits for the 2zz motors.

I wonder if that will go into the Sportivo? :unsure:

The TRDUSA kits are designed for the 1ZZ only... If the kit fitted the 2zz it would be on my car already... Heres hoping somebody will have a bright idea... I dont want any boost past lift.... I just want some extra grunt off the mark...

Turbocharging the tivo goes against what the engine was designed for. Our engines run high compression. Turbo set ups require low compresstion rates which would take away the 6-8k powerband in our cars. And thats what you buy the car for in the first place.

Free Reving Fun

Id agree to a certain extent... But gutless is the only word to describe the off lift performance.. Im coming from driving a 380 hp v8 powered rear wheel drive dinosaur so I kinda miss that low down punch.. The Stivo really does require a great deal of effort somedays, just being able to extract that lil bit extra down low would be beaut....

Low boost of around 5-9 psi up to around 6k would be great with it kicking off at lift... European cars like SAAB run low boost setups on high comp engines... Mainly to get the ugly buggers going... I Might have to invest in a 50 shot of giggle gas to satisfy my offline needs.. :D

with NOS...it's only meant to be used in the HIGH RPM range anyways...like...you can't realy use it OFF the mark....well...that's what i heard.. <_<

Using a NOS kit has been done a fair bit on celicas (2ZZ), some have had dramas but many have run totally ok with nothing. I can imagine the engine wear wouldnt be good and fcked if id ever buy a second hand car with a NOS running into it... :lol:

if u wanna FREE up some space then get a lightweight flywheel and a pulley kit.

that way ur not putting extra strain on the engine, in fact ur prob removing some strain. itll free up the power that the stock components lock in.

also nos would stread ur engine, i would never ever use it(unless i was a spoilt f*ck who could buy a new engine or 2). i would mayb giv avgas a go, but i dont kno much about that so id have to look into it b4 i say nething.

When Used and not abused NOS is probably the best value for money power up available.. I guess the down side is it is not legal for road use in any Australian State.. Suffice to say the 2ZZ could easily handle a 50 Wet Shot, Hit after Hit...

You guys worry to much.. If you break it Toyota will fix it... Warranty is a grand thing... As for whos gonna be buyin your car after you own it ?? Meh... :D

my sales rep at my dealer was telling me that there's someone he knows that doing up a turbo kit for the stivo..and will be releasing soon.

i'll keep ya all up to date...

Like you would take it back with the kit connected come on mate :rolleyes: ... Have you never done a shonky before.. ??

When I had my last business we fitted a Vortech Blower setup to a VT 2 GTS Commodore.... The guy broke the engine twice (Let the Water Injection run dry).. Both times he came back to us and we removed the kit and he had his car fixed under warranty...

Its how you work the system.. Not abuse it... :lol: Mods need to be fully reversable when you do them if your worried about your warranty...

At he end of the day, if you mod it and it breaks then pay to get it fixed and dont whinge about it... Just Work the system.. :lol:

Neways you can get a complete low k 2zz from the importers for about 1800 bux.. Problem solved !! .. :)

does any1 here acknowledge any stivo drivers when you see them or pass them?

Just wonderin...

eg: flash/hand gesture...

Yeah but they all look at me blankly as if to question my motive :(. For me it come from my days when I had my Mini as all Mini drivers used to wave to each other :)

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.xs-engineering.com

now have the COMPLETE turbocharger kit for the 2zz-ge

the kit is originally designed for the celica..but i'm sure it'll fit into ours with a little bit of fabrication.

241hp @ the wheels. that's 185kw at the wheels

that's 241kw at the flywheel! :lol:

yeah!!