aftermarket fog lights

i have recentally purchased a fog light set to be fit on a 2003 ascent. The only problem is it didn't come with an instruction manual. (i gotta call on monday to ask if it should) I could guess were everything goes but i dont want to shorten any wiring. Has anyone else fit a set on and does the wiring behind the fod light cover plug straight in?

any help is appreciated, thanx

i have recentally purchased a fog light set to be fit on a 2003 ascent. The only problem is it didn't come with an instruction manual. (i gotta call on monday to ask if it should) I could guess were everything goes but i dont want to shorten any wiring. Has anyone else fit a set on and does the wiring behind the fod light cover plug straight in?

Search for a post in a similar thread a while back from me... Or to sum it up in two words: Head-aches!

is there really that much headache?!? They are just like you get from toyota with all wiring plug in play as well as relays. switch and a fuse, its just im not sure where to plug everything in.

i wonder whether toyota would give a bit of advice if i went and asked???

Look here : ZZE122/3 Foglight wiring etc

is there really that much headache?!? They are just like you get from toyota with all wiring plug in play as well as relays. switch and a fuse, its just im not sure where to plug everything in.

i wonder whether toyota would give a bit of advice if i went and asked???

I don't know about yours but the wiring for the ones I bought did not match the toyota wiring :angry: and my uncle (a sparky) had to rewire it all. Can't really tell you the details because he did all the technical work. But when installing have an electrician handy, plus electrical equipment (including wiring, new electrical relay etc.) and allow a day to do it.

thanx, but the link does not seem to be working.

i brought the set including wiring from SSS in melb, they said it was pretty much plug n play but i still want to be sure before i short everything

thanx, but the link does not seem to be working.

i brought the set including wiring from SSS in melb, they said it was pretty much plug n play but i still want to be sure before i short everything

Funny that I bought it from King Wreck in Sydney who told me to go pick it up from SSS in Sydney... And I can guarantee you it's not a direct fit (the brand is Esuse or something like that isn't it)

1. The mounting brackets are different (and one of mine given was snapped off)

2. The plugs tucked in the bumper from Toyota don't fit.

3. The relay doesn't fit

So it's gonna take a bit of DIY power ie getting wires through the firewall and accross the dashboard, buying a new relay, wiring to the battery, wiring down to the bumper, modifying existing bracket equipment given etc.

Works well after a days work plus some new electrical equipment though (touch wood).