Brakes Pads, what pads should i get?

Grey-Rolla

Hey guys my rolla needs new breaks, an im not sure what to get, i was told ebc greenstuff are good? What other ones are also good? Endless maybe? or mus secret? Whats bang for buck?

The brakes are for everyday driving, but as u know sometimes i take hard corners and take the car to the Nashy Run, so i want something that will give me some good braking power.

Can you guys post me the brands, where i can get them from and prices?

I tried searching but there isn't a thread about brakes?

Cheers guys

Thanks Bigbum,

I have checked that, all they talked about were rotor and disk upgrades, the thread does not discuss break performance, brands and prices which i need information on.

So can some please enlighten me about brakes, i dont have much knowledge about these.

Cheers :blink:

Stock Sportivo pads are pretty good, not great, but they do take a few laps to make them fade. RB74's have very similar braking power however they take a lot longer to make them fade. Both pads will glaze however. I put this down to my stock rotors, I need some slotted ones. But if you have the money you could always use Ferodo DS2500, I haven't used them but they are ment to the pretty good.

i had to get brake pads not long ago so i just for the toyota ones i think they were around $120 for the front...... i probably won't get them next time but they do the job

The Ferodo brand has two types of performance pad avail on the market,The TS2500 everybody been talking about is a track purpose pad only,& the ts2000 or the FF type is the pad i recommend for its classified as a street pad,'rotorsafe' for getting a milk run to ur closest deli but will hold its own on the track ,bear in mind both pads work on certain temp ratings the 25s being purpose built for racing & 2ks for daily drive slash motokhana..

The EBC greens are the same spec as the 2000s,brands like Pagid,Ebc reds,Hawk & Project u(mu) are compared to the 2500,ur call..my recommendation would be the 2000 spec pad,at least u wont be changing rotors annually as well

Guys,

I have used a set of EBC rotors with Green stuff pads and they were awesome.

It was on my Pulsar SSS 4 years back.

When I went to philip island for the first time (with standard disc and metal king) the CAMs instructor said my brakes couldnt last for 2 laps.

SO next time I went back with EBCs and the instructor said it made great improvement on my braking system

It cost me around $500 for rotors and $130 for pads back 6-7 years ago.

Bakc in the old days, many ppl would never heard of EBC in Australia.

Gotto give them credit at that time.

The rotors lasted me around 3 years after machining it a few times.

Guys, I am talking abt Philip lsland track, big corners. big brakes.

With the brake and shocks upgrade i managed to improve 10 sec per lap!!!! Although my SSS wasnt that quick compare with the type Rs and WRXs I managed to stay competitive behind them!!

Hey guys I got the EBC greenstuff on my cars now, using these with stock rotors, i must admit these are awesome, stopping power is crazy, i love em. The only downfall to the EBC stuff is that there is a slight squeak when braking, but i think this is just the bedding system of the brakes. These brakes also have a funny smell like playdo. For $140 the EBC Greenstuff are great bang for buck. I got mine from Parramatta Brakes and Clutches on Grose St, they are also an official supplier for EBC check it out on the EBC website.

Cheers :toast:

i spoke to the chaps in castle hill B & R brakes and they said that the sreen stuff pads do eat though stock discs quickly if you brake hard all the time.

Im upgrading my discs too & iv ordered the green stuff pads

EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads FOR THE WIN

cause they are fairly cheap AND do preform very well in all common daily driving and slightly track

i got them on my car and been very happy with them since ive had them in my car for maybe little over a month

• 1 month later...

Im in the market for some new brake pads... those damn EBC greenstuff have eaten my rotor (they have been fitted for just over 1 year).

What brake pads are more rotor friendly (that wont cost me too much).

I had a look at DS2500, but one place i called quoted about $300 :blink: (Can these be obtained cheaper?)

But im not looking at some super high performance pad, just something for normal day to day driving. Whats a step below the DS2500?

Edited by neK

hmm can i ask .. does n e 1 have n e thing against TRD brakes ? no one kinda mentioned it here so i assumed that no one liked them ... what are ur reasons ? i havent finished my toyota ones yet but when the time comes i wanna upgrade to performance / extreme ones coz i heard that if u get those .. not only do they stop u good without losing alot but they last long as well .. so yer n e 1 have n e comments on TRD brakes .. how much do they go down exactly n e way ?

The Ferodo brand has two types of performance pad avail on the market,The TS2500 everybody been talking about is a track purpose pad only,& the ts2000 or the FF type is the pad i recommend for its classified as a street pad,'rotorsafe' for getting a milk run to ur closest deli but will hold its own on the track ,bear in mind both pads work on certain temp ratings the 25s being purpose built for racing & 2ks for daily drive slash motokhana..

The EBC greens are the same spec as the 2000s,brands like Pagid,Ebc reds,Hawk & Project u(mu) are compared to the 2500,ur call..my recommendation would be the 2000 spec pad,at least u wont be changing rotors annually as well

the DS2500 pads are streetable as i was using them for over 1 yr ..... no probs on da pads or rotors .... the DS3000's i wouldnt recommend on the street or u might find u will miss the first few stop/traffic lights :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Im in the market for some new brake pads... those damn EBC greenstuff have eaten my rotor (they have been fitted for just over 1 year).

What brake pads are more rotor friendly (that wont cost me too much).

I had a look at DS2500, but one place i called quoted about $300 :blink: (Can these be obtained cheaper?)

But im not looking at some super high performance pad, just something for normal day to day driving. Whats a step below the DS2500?

ken i guess the thing to weigh up is these are the things that are gonna save ur life in a time of crisis behind the wheel ..... so maybe its not the best thing to look @ saving a few $$$$'s on ..... just a thought.

• 1 month later...