Problems in lift

I have noticed a problem in lift that has happened twice so far now this week, When in lift some times it dosent come on normally :blink:

I think that the car gets to about 6500RPM then remembers it should be in lift and kicks in then, It only happens in second gear....

Anyone had this happen, or know the possible cause??

Both times it has happened i havent been paying as much attention as i should, so if this dosent make sense I will see if it happens again and see exactly what goes on...

Cheers in advance

i usede to have this problem ....... but it correct itself suddenly .... so...i just left it

This happened to me last year TWICE! The cause of the problem was bad fuel, so let it run dry and go somewere else to fill up from now on. BAD FUEL at Mobil on Melton Hwy Taylers Lakes!! Lifters beware!!

• 1 month later...

I think I have fixed the problem, and im going to put it down to my inexperience and the gayness of canberra toyota, I noticed my oil filter had also not been changed as well after the service I had, so i changed the filter, and put in some Nulon 10w-40 fully synthetic in and the problem seems to have disappeared.... of course I will take her for a bigger drive to see if it happens still :toast:

IIRC lift is dependent on things such as warm up temperature and your oil pressure.........if the pressure is not right then it won't engage properly, so maybe the old filter was too restrictive. Make sure you always check the work that your mechs do, some are just down right dodgy and charge you for things they have never completed.