Camry 3S-FE motor

Alienlifeform

Hey Camry dudes :rolleyes:

It was suggested in another forum that it might be possible (nobody said easy) to fit a two litre 3S motor into a Starlet so I thought I'd look into it.

First off does anybody know where I could get a few pics of say a 3S-FE motor preferably with a manual 5 speed gearbox attached?

If any of you guys have such a combo in your posession any chance of getting some measurements off the block etc?

Any advice appreciated

NewArrival_14fe3691-482a-458d-9398-d1a52abb5cb110.jpg

Best pic I could find...

Not too sure about the measurements however...

Thanks for the piccy mate , every bit of info helps, there is a self service wrecker not far from here, I might take a drive and see if they have a Camry or two in bits.

After checking out the motor I reckon transmissions/driveshafts need research, see about the differences between Starlet/Corolla/Camry drivelines.

Dunno if any of this will ever happen, but if the bits fell into place you never know, certainly would be interesting :rolleyes:

it'd be hektik to have a 2L in a starlet... but i say don't bother with the 3SFE... go for a 3SGE out of the ST162 (1988) celica... it's basically the same except it's got a different performance based head as opposed to the 3SFE's fuel efficient based head...

go to the wreckers... they'r ure best friend u can get anything from ova there... heaps cheap too

hey dude. The 87-89 ST Celica's had the 3S-FE. rated back then to produce 89Kw at the fly. Why don't you consider the 3S-GE? Same block but with a different head designt. the entire engine is slightly smaller because of the lower rocker cover design. Both engines have the same mount points.

hey dude. The 87-89 ST Celica's had the 3S-FE. rated back then to produce 89Kw at the fly. Why don't you consider the 3S-GE? Same block but with a different head designt. the entire engine is slightly smaller because of the lower rocker cover design. Both engines have the same mount points.

Thanks for the clues dudes, keep thinkin :idea:

I agree its a longshot this, but oddball mods are what gets me goin :yahoo:

The 3s-ge hasn't been ruled out (can't rule anything out with something this wild LOL) its just less common than the 3s-fe which is easy to find for research purposes etc and would do what I want it to if it can be squeezed in.

I will get my butt along to a wrecker soon and see if I can measure up these bits.

Does anybody know if transmissions between Starlets/Corollas/Celicas-Camrys are interchangeable?