100watt bulbs??Melt lens??

Hi guys Im looking at getting some of those 8500K 100w h7 super white bulbs for my sportivo and was wondering if anyone has them already??? I am concerned they may melt my headlight lens Some info on this would be great And also has anyone put more powerfull bulbs in the foggies ???

Hi guys Im looking at getting some of those 8500K 100w h7 super white bulbs for my sportivo and was wondering if anyone has them already??? I am concerned they may melt my headlight lens Some info on this would be great And also has anyone put more powerfull bulbs in the foggies ???

It'll first burn the wires....not so sure about the lens as they're not that close.

100W will work if you had a heavy-duty relay harness installed.

also take into account that if your under warranty or anything then you've got to use standard bulbs supplied by toyota.

i found out the hard way and didnt know that when i purchased my car it had aftermarkets.

they discoloured the inside of my headlights. also one of the globes exploded $_$ and nothing was covered.

toyota will replace your headlight if you use their light bults + explodes. does not matter if your outside of warranty period. as long as its 100% their fault.

It'll first burn the wires....not so sure about the lens as they're not that close.

100W will work if you had a heavy-duty relay harness installed.

ya i put some in my moms peugot GTI. It fired the wires! <_<

• 5 weeks later...

yeah i wasnt sure if it would be ok i have seen cars with melted lenses befor from to high a wattage but some cars seem to be fine well im going to give it a go when i take my bumper off for my CAI but im going it be putting in a relay

are u guys talking about those 55w super white xenon bulb that produces 100w??

i am thinking to fit those in to 07corolla aswell, but not sure if it will damage the headlights or is those HID conversion kit better since the 07 rolla has projector lens??

nah i think he's talking about the bulbs that draw 100W and output like 130-155W or something.. the 55W that output 100W don't need relays

don't quote me on this, but i think you'll be better off with HID's since you have projectors in your 07 corolla! the light output will be much better...

are u guys talking about those 55w super white xenon bulb that produces 100w??

i am thinking to fit those in to 07corolla aswell, but not sure if it will damage the headlights or is those HID conversion kit better since the 07 rolla has projector lens??

nah i think he's talking about the bulbs that draw 100W and output like 130-155W or something.. the 55W that output 100W don't need relays

don't quote me on this, but i think you'll be better off with HID's since you have projectors in your 07 corolla! the light output will be much better...

is there any actual rule in nsw about HID, i saw a post here somewhere before it needs auto headlight washer and auto levelling for proper HID legal installation..and getting those HID conversion would kill teh warranty doesnt it?