High-end Speakers

selyaT

hey there i would recommend rockfordfosgate as im a rockford fan try the 6inch 3 way splits 250watts they come with 4 tweeters and the cross overs $289 at automotiv in merrylands sydney

you will not be dissapointed as i have the same ones and they are crystal clear

RF ftw!

that merrylands place is where i tested RF's out and loved em! got em for cheap of my cousin from the US while my parents were up there... helluva lot cheaper than buying local.

EDIT-

ON THE OTHER HAND... those automotiv blokes arent bad. nothing against them. in fact i remember them saying if you get a few mates together or tell em you are a member of a car club and can organise a group install, theyll gladly discount the price in return for some friendly word of mouth free advertising. nice blokes..

btw i love my punch's, but still got no $$$ for cd/mp3/dvd HU since my stock stereo cd player went bust so im stuck with AM/FM.. havent heard my speakers perform at their best in many months... :(

Edited by JJCRU23R

Alpine BEST headunits ....speakers are made FOR alpine not by Alpine .. still good but there is better in splits .. best i seen Boston Acoustics strongest speakers i have ever seen .. my slpits lasted nearly 7 years of hard use ....

Have you even seen a Merc sl500 resting all 4 wheels on a 15inch sub's .. yes taking all the weight of the car ... then lift car up and screw subwoofers back into car and then set a DB record .... it has been done at my friends car audio store stand at car show in Victoria

Splits start at about $599..... Pro series about $800-1200

Speakers / headunits are made by a factory with "Alpine" written all over the outside. They do not make any other brands in that factory. They do get others to design their speakers like scanspeak for the original type Xs. And bostons are like focals, they are very bright tweeters - with the wrong music and they'll take your head off!! The mid basses are very strong, like other American brands (its a good thing).

And I dont see how resting the whole car on the a sub being a selling point as they will still burn out if you run a clipped signal to them as will any sub.

I had an idmax which had one of the voice coils melted into the basket after there were lots of smoke and it still worked and sounded fine. It wasnt until we pulled it apart that we found out how bad it was. (It smoked up because someone decided to wire it wrong and had the voice coils working against each other.)

Edited by Un4given

I'd go the Type X's in that situation, their smooth and not ear-piercing at the highs with good vocal.

And there are new Type X's coming out soon so watch out for them coz i know alot of people who want to get their hands on one!! Alpine did some work on them (i don't know why coz their fine the way they are) and they won't blow your budget like MB's and focal's would. Just be sure to set them up properly and i guarentee you'll be spending more time in your car! :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled the car apart today and played with RCA's and cables and door trims and such things... The Type S's are back and working perfectly now! Car sounds better than ever... Now I have no reason to upgrade lol :help: maybe I'll get a new phone instead :g:

I bought my MBs premium splits under $700 on a sale.

I bought the discus rears for $200 and also sound much better than the Type Rs ( I had them on my previous car)

Gotta tell you they sound very good.

Very strong on vocals and midbass.

ppl are saying that the Type X provides much better oomph, but I guess you can compensate by having a strong subbie, cos bass doesnt have any direction.