Moisture trapped in headlights

eric

Hey guys,

Is there like a simple way of removing the front headlight head cover so I can wipe off the moisture trapped inside the head light?

thanks,

Is there a crack or something in your headlight? or? how did the moisture get in, do you know?

Well, recently i had moisture/water in my head light, due to the CAI hitting it, and the black cap not being put on properly. But all fixed now.

Well i just ended taking out the high beam cover and light, and spent an hour or so with a hair dryer, drying it out, but if you do, also allow a few hours in the sun, with the high beam light still out, so all the moisture goes out.

I had to do it twice, due to the first time, abit of moisture still arising after i closed it up.

Any questions about anything, lemme know...

you can take off the headlight lens by putting it in the oven.

1) oven on to 220 celcius

2) leave it on for 10-15mins

3) turn it off

4) put the headlight in (1-2mins, Keep an eye make sure it doesn't melt)

5) take it out and pry the side of the headlight.

or you can....take out the headlights from the car, and leave it infront of the fan heater :spiteful:

Hey encounta,

With my headlight, it doesn't seem that I have a crack. I recently just wash my car with one of those high pressure guns. Kinda think thats the problem.

As with the black caps, I can't put them back on cause I installed a Xenon HID Kit. Do u think thats the problem???

And one more thing, how do you remove the headlight cover so to wipe the moisture off?

Cheers,

I get condensation in my right headlight on cold nights after I changed the globe. It happens very easily after the seal is broken.

I changed my globe at night in a cold, underground basement carpark on a rainy day, so there was lots of moisture in the air at the time.

I suggest doing it during the day in full sun light.

You need to reseeal the headlight. To do this, just do what leon said. This softens the seals and you will be able to either pry it out a little and then squash it together again. This way it seals the headlight once again.

He doesn't need to go to that extent at all, read through his post and you will realise that moisture got in there when he installed his HIDs.

All he needs to do is wait for a warm, fine, dry day and pop the globe retainer out, let it sit for a while in the sun baking, then pop the globe back in again. Conversely he could blast it with a hairdrier.

Hey encounta,

With my headlight, it doesn't seem that I have a crack. I recently just wash my car with one of those high pressure guns. Kinda think thats the problem.

As with the black caps, I can't put them back on cause I installed a Xenon HID Kit. Do u think thats the problem???

And one more thing, how do you remove the headlight cover so to wipe the moisture off?

Cheers,

hmm, well as mark and skribblez as my witness, and there help with moving the CAI and popping the black cover back on, i found that was the problem, moisture was sipping through there...

i have hosed my car down everyday now, and it's fine, so if no cracks visible, like mine, my guess is it would be the black cap. You'll have to somehow find a way to seal it up...