Changes to LIFT???? Possible?

Hey Guys, This might be a stupid question but i was just wondering if there is a way to change when the Lift kicks in? (corolla sportivo)

I know in the old 20v 4age with VVT you could change when the VVT comes on with an adjust ment to the cam pully or something.

Do any common mods bring this lift point earlier? or is there a way to make it come on earlier?

Some comments would be most appreciated.

Ohh k.

So what does this do? change the point of lift and then does it have a run out point? like does it flaten out the at the high end?

Does anyone have a PowerFC that can comment on how it changed for them?

The PFC would be a better option than getting the GReddy V-manage and E-manage since the price of those 2 combined is about the same price as the PFC and will not be as good. MWR, monkey wrench racing, are working on making the AEM EMS work on the 2zz at the moment, if not already.

The PFC would be a better option than getting the GReddy V-manage and E-manage since the price of those 2 combined is about the same price as the PFC and will not be as good. MWR, monkey wrench racing, are working on making the AEM EMS work on the 2zz at the moment, if not already.

mate how do u think MWR got 666HP with their celica ? ;) wasn't with their PFC :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I believe i once saw on another forum, that someone had made a lift controller. I'm pretty sure you would've seen it bill.. I remember downloading the file to take a squiz but it not working..can't remember the forum though.

Probably not worth it anyways

I believe i once saw on another forum, that someone had made a lift controller. I'm pretty sure you would've seen it bill.. I remember downloading the file to take a squiz but it not working..can't remember the forum though.

Probably not worth it anyways

i believe that was the 9th gen forum where one of the members modified the camcon piggy back to be able to plug in his own module where he could preset lift to come in @ 5500 rpms and from memory it was not easy to change ....... i am pretty confident that @ 5500 rpms thats still a little to early ive got mine set to 5750 or 5700 and from memory when it was being tuned 50rpms either side would cause for the change over point to create a dip in the wrong direction.

I think its posted over at MO (matrix owners) forum. Cost about $300(???) to make all up and you can only move your lift engagement. There was a very detailed write up on it. I remember going through it and decided that maybe an PFC is better....its currently sitting on my desk in the lounge room lol

Interesting very interesting. So Xoom i assume you have a full aftermarket ECU?

yep ..... power FC

mate how do u think MWR got 666HP with their celica ? ;) wasn't with their PFC :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

They need teh MoTec 4 mor powa!

As for the 9th gen lift controller, sure you can move the lift point, but you still need to tune the engine...

nope .... not motec ..... they went AEM ... they will soon release it once they are happy with it as a kit for 2zz.

I think its posted over at MO (matrix owners) forum. Cost about $300(???) to make all up and you can only move your lift engagement. There was a very detailed write up on it. I remember going through it and decided that maybe an PFC is better....its currently sitting on my desk in the lounge room lol

hahahahaha suprethai ..... ur gonna have a whole bunch of paper weights floating around the house unless u start putting them in ur car ..... hahahahahahaha

They make them themselves over on 9th Gen site.... however they are pointless. You can move the lift point, sure, but its not gonna make the car run any better if your not tuning the ignition timing and the fuel map. has anyone looked at a standard 2ZZ fuel map? the amount of extra fuel it adds in just before the lift point is massive... if you change the lift point and leave the fuel map it will run terrribly.

its 100% better to just get a new ecu like the pfc or motec units