Fuel pressure 03 Sportivo v6

torqueofthedevil

Hi, does the MC20V have a fuel pressure non return valve and if yes where?? My 03 Sportivo is losing fuel pressure when it sits for any length of time. Drive to the shops, come back its fine but leave it for more than 10 mins you have to crank for a bit to bulid the pressure again. Its leaking back. Is there a fuel pressure reg or something. Im used to the European stuff and they have a non return valve to keep residual pressure.

Thanks in advance

Gday! I have a MCV20R 3.0 Litre V6 Auto, but unfortunatally fuel system, fuel pressure valves and non returning thingy me bobs are just a little out of my league....

If i suspected the were probs with my fuel system i would get a professional to looks at it... if you havent done a course on car mechanics (ie: your ya average backyard home hobbyist weekend mechanic) then its probably not a good idea to give advice on something you dont really know much about...

On one hand toyota service centres know how to charge the earth for diagnostics...

And the other hand a good Mechanic will do the job for a lot lot less...

If you can find a mechanic you can trust then stay with them...

My toyota has been behaving its self and hasnt played up on me yet... I give it two thumbs up for reliability.... but no car is perfect... if you gotta go to a mechanic the you gotta go... cars like most other things we like to play with always cost money to keep.... Good Luck! :D

How long does it take to crank over after you've left it for 10 minutes???

And then does it take the same amount of time to start up on a cold morning after it's been sitting there all night???

Have you had the fuel filter changed recently (it's changed at 80,000km service)...