Adelaide Camry Owners

xupac

Hey guys just wondering about Adelaide Camry Owners, if people from Adelaide could post up all their mods and stuff, just to share with everyone! :-)

Heres my intro:

I live in the Eastern Suburbs, whole family has Camry's haha.

I got a 94 V6

Havent done much to it, thats why im on this forum to see what i can do.......

Thinking about getting an exhaust (any suggestions are welcome :D )

I have done some stuff like put a bit of new lighting in the car, but that it.

I would like to hear from some other Adelaide people!

Hey! It's about time someone else from SA joined! I'm in Adelaide and I have a 98 4cyl CSi Camry. There doesn't seem to be many people from SA in these forums, people are mostly from ether Melbourne or Sydney. My grandparents have only owned Toyota's and they have a 99 V6 Camry Conquest.

Anyway my car is...

Modifications (not made by me): Avalon mags

Work that needs doing: major service and tune> new wipers>

front and rear bumpers re-painted> new stereo> a few dints buffed out>

eventually new shockers/suspension, plus a few other minor things.

Odo: 115,987km

post-5043-1190859132_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

BUMP!!!

There must be more Adelaide Camry Owners on here, come on!!!

Ok.. I'm just new to this forum... but I'm from Adelaide. (Well Bridgewater) I have a 98 V6 Camry Auto and I've owned 2 Camry's prior to that.

My Wife has a manual Rav4 1992.

I'm pleased with my car, but I don't really have any mods done to it (Tried a ScanGuage II.. but the OBD2 connector isn't compliant in that model.

Occasionally I think I might upgrade to something a little newer... but then I figure that with the car having done 176000km it wouldn't get much of a trade in and other than driving around in a newer car I'd be having to fork out a bunch of money I could put to other things.

Somewhere down the track I'd be interested in towing a small pop-top caravan... but my car has only a 1200kg towing capacity... perhaps the 2003-4 model V6 with a towing capacity greater than that might just get me by. (Maybe a 4WD diesel further down the track migt be considered.

Cheers

BUMP!!!

There must be more Adelaide Camry Owners on here, come on!!!

I somehow managed to send a double reply ... so I've just edited this. Sorry.

One thing though... which I'll search for in previous posts is the engine management light comes on and stays on for a long while... then for some reason will go off until the next vehicle start. The mechanics at Toyota suggest that it's the O2 sensor that is faulty and that it's ok to keep running the car. Toyota Dealers mechanics don't seem to think that the light is an issue which warrents immediate attention. Another mechanic who has checked the vehicle has suggested that it's not the sensor. He says.. sure .. let Toyota replace the sensor and charge you.. but it won't solve the problem. The car runs fine.. but at next service I think I'll get them to do a replacement.

Anyone had similar issues?

Cheers

Edited by sjez

• 4 months later...

Hey im from the northern suburbs (not the bad kind) and ive had a camry for about 2 months and have notice that there are hardly any camrys that have been tricked up as such and i have started on mine with a few little things here and there. Mainly there have only been little lighting effects and a pod but soon on the list will be a full cold air intake and some mags with exhaust and lowering it. good to hear from more sa camry owners!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ello

Just Joined up today... Own a 2004 Sportivo 2Az

Stock at the moment but heading to WheelWorxs to get some nice rims and Spring set ups.

Future mods are coming along but finding it hard to get anything for the 4cyl :(

Will be posting pics real soon :D

Maybe we should get a cruze going? ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Finally I've found some Adelaide Camry owners! I drive a 1997 MCV20 Camry V6 CSI, which I've got from my parents. I haven't made many mods to it and am not sure if I should considering that the car has just over 270 000 km's on it because my mum used to drive it up to Mt. Barker every day for 5 years! It's in excellent mechanical condition however, just the body needs a good overhaul and a complete respray. Do you think I should bother? Despite this however, I've put a Pioneer head unit in the car and added a 12" Fusion sub in the boot. It makes for a good combination with the factory speakers =)

I'm really keen to get a cruise happening, because I regularly take the car up to the hills on weekends and it would be a lot more fun with a few more people! Please let us all know if you're up for a cruise =)

Igor

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, i went to adeliade for the first time about 2 weeks ago and hired an aurion - i did the drive to port wakefield - whats that area with the salt planes?? me and my work colleague did a bit of a detour and ended up on some dirt road driving out in these salt planes, was great! :lol: love adelaide.

cheers matt

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, noticed that this topic has died down a bit, so I thought I'd ask about a cruise again.

Should we set a time for a cruise e.g. a Sunday in the next few weeks or something? We could meet at a shopping centre car park and then take the cars up to the hills. What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Im game bud

Prob is getting enough ppl to come :(

Hi guys, noticed that this topic has died down a bit, so I thought I'd ask about a cruise again.

Should we set a time for a cruise e.g. a Sunday in the next few weeks or something? We could meet at a shopping centre car park and then take the cars up to the hills. What do you think?

Lads (im assuming lol :P) How are we, Im Seb live in the Northern Suburbs (Y) place to be right. Drive round in a 03 Camry with the Loving P Plates, hate having the sterotype of driving an old persons car so i decided to chuck on some rims and a excessive exhuast. PIctures i think i have some in my album. Exhuast i made a video of with my phone so its crappy

Like i said crappy video but it sort of does the job. Best exhaust place on offer i reckon is Everlast Exhausts good lads and know what there doing and do it quick.

Plans for the future well im in year 12 so dont work quit my job to "focus on year 12" isnt working out really :S. Umm by the end of the year i wanna get it lowered and maybe later next year i want to put on a diffrent style of rim. Looking at getting something done within the Engine bay! Cold Air intake maybe? Dunno yet.

Just remember you ever see a quick 03 Silver Camry Driving past making excessive exhuast noise and P Plates you'll know its me so give us a flash or something ;)

• 1 month later...

Yet again I've stumbled upon this topic, lol. I think it kind of got ditched again... Anyway, if a few people are keen for a cruise (even if it's just 3 or 4 of us) we should get one going. Hopefully we'll attract more members along the way =)

Would you guys be keen to go for a cruise through the hills on a Sunday? I was thinking either this Sunday (30th August) or maybe in a few weeks. Let's set a date and stop putting it off =)

Igor

sounds good to me-i am in murray bridge,how bout a meet in mt barker and a cruise to victor

That sounds pretty good to me, however unfortunately this coming weekend isn't any good for me anymore =( Maybe Sunday 6th September?

sounds good to me-i am in murray bridge,how bout a meet in mt barker and a cruise to victor

That sounds pretty good to me, however unfortunately this coming weekend isn't any good for me anymore =( Maybe Sunday 6th September?

gday,sounds good,let me know later next week and well see what we can do

cheers

gday,sounds good,let me know later next week and well see what we can do

cheers

No worries mate =)

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies Corhijas for not getting back to you about the cruise. I've been bogged down with school work like mad and I don't think that I will have any time on weekends to go for a cruise for another few weeks at least =(

I'll post on this topic again probably in a couple of weeks time when I actually have some time to organise a cruise. Sorry again =(

Igor

• 2 weeks later...

hay all im from south Adelaide ye buddy

i drive a red camary 1989 cs sv21 "i think"

i havnt done much bcoz i only work part time but what i have done

pod filter, nice exurst sprts steerin wheel done a lot of painting to my interia =) awsem red neons and probly most exspensive thing ive done is my full kenwood sound system.

i really wanna get some rims ive been savin up 4 a while now but really dont know what to get so if any1 has any idears it would b awsem help cheers =)

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys,

Just joined the camry scene.

I live in the Nothern suburbs and am now driving a white 1995 Camry CSI.

It's the 4 cyclinder 2.2 litre version and has automatic transmission.

I'm borrowing this car off my father as I've just sold my other car.

He's very much in to toyota's and when I called him up to see if he had a set of wheels to get me about he bailed me out with this camry!

I first thought 'Oh no... it's a camry' but when I actually engaged my right sided brain. It made a lot of sense.

I've always liked my father's judgement and I must admit he's got it right again with these camry's!

My first impression of this camry was it was 'huge!'. Comfortable and well planted!!

The power was subtle but very progressive!!

It didn't feel fast but it traveled across the road very quickly and effortlessly.

I like the seats, very adjustable!

I love the seating position and awesome views around the cabin.

But the best thing about the 1995 camry was.... the air conditioner!

I mean it was blowing out ice and I could not believe how effective and cold it was.... from a 1995 model camry?!

I drive a 2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 and it had every option but apart from the handle I'd now pick a toyota camry over these cars any day!

Nuff said :)

Regards,

P.S Looking for nice rims and some tint :)