MT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here you go Dave... finally!

That track is toight, toight like a tioger.

Heres to hoping Tayles gets the jump on you this round :P

I highly doubt it... 2ZZ FTW!!! :lol:

Its not a bad little track... im a fan ;)

U coming down for a weekend dave?

U coming down for a weekend dave?

Its a bit expensive to do for a weekend.

If only I didn't need the yearly membership and/or could use my AASA licence instead of the CAMS 2S.

Stupid uni with their graduation ceremoney, I would have been down at Eastern Creek around the 9th, so might have been able to pop in to see you guys run.

Haha thanks for your confidence Dave but I'm pretty sure he's got the wood on me now. Learned how to use his 41% more power, TRD suskit, put proper tyres on and soon to have LSD... Game over for 1ZZ on street tyres and basic suspension. But I have the MX-5 and S2000 to think about. We'll see how I go on a hot track. That's if it stops raining!

Congrats on graduating dude. What degree did you do? I am half way through mine :(

Congrats on graduating dude. What degree did you do? I am half way through mine :(

Civil Engineering, but I haven't graduated yet, I still need to see if I passed the last semester. I know for sure I passed 3 subjects, the other has a question mark over it :unsure: I passed it all!

Edited by SuperDave

Wooo go dave!!!!

Well we wnt out today, extremely hot day which was good for traction. I managed to run a 52.17 which is now the official lap record for class 1/2 1600cc - 2000cc.

Woo go me.

video is in lights camera action area.

Civil Engineering, but I haven't graduated yet, I still need to see if I passed the last semester. I know for sure I passed 3 subjects, the other has a question mark over it :unsure: I passed it all!

Top work mate are you going to do honours or have you a grad position lined up already? My courses all turned out peachy too. 4 semesters down 4 to go (sounds pretty depressing eh?)

Hillclimb was wicked fun again. Pulled another PB out, 53.39, in its current trim my car has reached its plateau though. Granted I am running it exactly how I drive it to uni and work everyday, minus subwoofer and spare wheel. But I've got no more performance modifications coming so I don't see it going much quicker than that. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop racing though, it is just too much fun :D

We plonked the camera in my car for a run as well so you will be able to compare the laps and see exactly where Mick gets to use the 41 extra kW and 3000 extra RPM - I shall give you a hint: it's not on the corners! I'll load that up soon.

Congrats to Mick after breaking the class record then SMASHING the class record minutes later. Also congrats to Ian in the MX-5 who, had Mick not been there, would also be the new record holder. So, as it stands, Corolla Sportivo sits on top of MX-5, Fiat 124, Lotus Elise, Honda S2000 and Renault Clio Sport which have all been contenders or record holders in the past. Yay Corolla :yahoo:

Edited by Tayles

Top work mate are you going to do honours or have you a grad position lined up already? My courses all turned out peachy too. 4 semesters down 4 to go (sounds pretty depressing eh?)

I killed the last semester. I almost got my target GPA of 5, just a wisker under it <_< . Got a graduate position lined up, they asked me to do honours but I'm over the study.

Back to the topic. Good work micky, you definately looked more agressive that day. I reakon there is still some more to be had in the lap times, the more you go the faster you will get ;)

As for Tayles, go SC'ed and beat micky :P

I killed the last semester. I almost got my target GPA of 5, just a wisker under it <_< . Got a graduate position lined up, they asked me to do honours but I'm over the study.

Back to the topic. Good work micky, you definately looked more agressive that day. I reakon there is still some more to be had in the lap times, the more you go the faster you will get ;)

As for Tayles, go SC'ed and beat micky :P

Dude you're a weapon! I don't understand GPA though, we don't have that here.

Haha if I went for forced induction my car would then be subject to a capacity multiplier. The turbo/SC multiplier is 1.8. So 1.8 x 18.L I'd be running in the 3.5L class against 2 litre turbos and some 6's. I think we might put together a purpose built 2ZZ hillclimb car and see if we can't ruffle a few feathers in the higher categories :toast: so much fun!

Hey Dave, you reckon the run on video was aggressive, watch jimmy's video, it shows my launch on the run when I break the record.... so much smoke!!! (and then listen to jimmy laugh)

Dude you're a weapon! I don't understand GPA though, we don't have that here.

Haha if I went for forced induction my car would then be subject to a capacity multiplier. The turbo/SC multiplier is 1.8. So 1.8 x 18.L I'd be running in the 3.5L class against 2 litre turbos and some 6's. I think we might put together a purpose built 2ZZ hillclimb car and see if we can't ruffle a few feathers in the higher categories :toast: so much fun!

GPA is grade point average. HD=7, D=6, C=5, P=4, PC=3, F=something. So over the whole degree I almost got an average of a credit.

Just cheat. You'd make a poor head mechanic :P Swap a 1.1L in and turbo it :lol:

I liked Jimmy's drum practice while he waited, and the teddy.

Hahaha ya clown! The little Niki is still beating Mick, maybe I'll get one :P

Yeah I was tapping nervously on the window frame :lol: the bear is 10kW ATW :lol: did you hear me laugh when Mick did the ridiculous 1-wheel burnout start? :lol:

Edited by Tayles

• 2 weeks later...

More pics from Sunday 9/12/07

D29.jpg

D20.jpg

D24.jpg

And now for the money shot...... I had a shocking 1st and 2nd Run... 1st run on cold tyres I ran wide on a tightish corner heading up the hill, and caused a fair bit of smoke which the crowd apparently liked. Second run I got too confident and tried to take the fast corner faster than usual and managed to understeer then lift off oversteer towards a tree til I caught it somehow. Here's a pic of the 1st incident... i'm waiting to see if there is one of the second :unsure:

D27.jpg

Results:

micky_tee: 1st in Class, 23rd overall (49 competitors)

Run 1: 53.31

Run 2: 53.62

Run 3: 52.57

Run 4: 52.82

Run 5: 52.99 (this run was shaping to be the best, but for some reason I couldnt find 3rd gear 3 times... so thats at least a second slower than it could have been)

Tayles: 2nd in Class, 28th overall

Run 1: 53.22

Run 2: 53.44

Run 3: 53.41

Run 4: 53.66

Run 5: 53.20

Jimmy is Mr Consistant