How stupid am I?

ziggyboy

I'm a first time brand new car buyer and to be quite frank a bit ignorant at haggling and car prices. The YRS 3-door hatch auto RRP's at about 18,490 and the driveaway cost in Sydney is about 21,750 or something. I haggled it down to 21,000 with metallic paint and a mat only to find out that peope were getting YRS 5-doors and sedans with 21k and a few even scoring some more extras!!!!

I feel really stupid about my deal yesterday afternoon. Do you think there is a chance to do something about this after 1 day? Go back maybe haggle some more or is it all futile at this point? I've already made a deposit and signed the contract saying it's refundable pending finance approval.

I wouldn't be too concerned on deals that other people have managed to get because no 2 deals are ever the same.

As long as you got a car with all of the extras you want for a price you can afford, just be happy.

I've already made a deposit and signed the contract saying it's refundable pending finance approval.

I thought when things are subject to finance you have a 7 day (?) cooling off period. This is all I could find on the net though which indicated one day (NRMA site) "In NSW, you have a 24 hour cooling off period, but only if you have bought the car with dealer finance."

We all live and learn, make no mistake!!!

there is a 7day cooling off period, but you only get your money back only if finanace was not approved. If its approved and you wanna canel it, you lose your deposit. I m sure you were happy at the deal before you signed the dotted line right?

Just think positive.

Honestly, $750 off a Yaris is an average deal. No one pays too much for a car anymore. And what I have found as well is, what other people tell you they paid and what they really paid are usually two different stories. I had a lady who I sold a car to, who keeps referring heaps of people to me, but keeps telling them she bought her Corolla $1,000 cheaper than what she really did. It makes it difficult, but I wouldn't worry about the sort of deal you got, start getting excited about taking delivery of your new Yaris.

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

So what happened?.... i need closure! :blink:

LOL ... my wife is looking at getting a Yaris/Corolla... maybe next year...

How much was the deposit... if you can get a better deal after forfitting the deposit then forfiet! (or you can tell the bank you just quit your job and need a letter of finance refusal...if they believe it) :spiteful: