Sound deadening an Aurion/Camry

SilverProdigy

I upgraded the speakers on my Aurion and added couple of subs. I am thinking of adding sound deadening to doors and boot.

Just wondering whether anyone has added sound deadening to their Aurion or Camry. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Is it worth the effort in improving the sound quality. How much did it cost and where did you get the job done.

I upgraded the speakers on my Aurion and added couple of subs. I am thinking of adding sound deadening to doors and boot.

Just wondering whether anyone has added sound deadening to their Aurion or Camry. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Is it worth the effort in improving the sound quality. How much did it cost and where did you get the job done.

DIY, with a heatgun and a scissor... get prepare to cut yrself sometime... it doesnt improve SQ(thou some might say YES?), but a LITTLE more bass(for sure)... i get it "sticked"(installed as u can say?), coz i dont wanna cause future rattling sound on doors due to too much bass trembling the whole door(still an experiment, tell u the result in a few years :spiteful: )

yea, search before u ask..

Edited by dannywss

DIY, with a heatgun and a scissor... get prepare to cut yrself sometime... it doesnt improve SQ(thou some might say YES?), but a LITTLE more bass(for sure)... i get it "sticked"(installed as u can say?), coz i dont wanna cause future rattling sound on doors due to too much bass trembling the whole door(still an experiment, tell u the result in a few years :spiteful: )

Many car audio enthusiasts are saying that sound deadening would improve mid-bass response. Also SQ will improve when you drive as it would recduce the road noise coming into the vehicle.

I'm going to get it installed to both the doors and the boot. Probably around $400 to do the job, depending on how much material they end up using. Will get around to doing this in the next month or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the front doors, p****l shelf, the boot and the tyre wall sound deaden. The service holes of the front doors were also sealed with MDF and sound deadened. In addition, I got some Focal Plain Chant (sound absorbing pads) installed behind the speakers. All installed by GL Pro Sound in Essendon.

Definitely get more sub-bass. I can feel it without even not using as much amplifier power. Mid-bass, hard to tell as I got some new splits installed and they are still to be worn in. The car sounds a little bit quieter as well.

Here are some pics.

post-5655-1196940990_thumb.jpg

post-5655-1196941028_thumb.jpg

post-5655-1196941077_thumb.jpg

post-5655-1196941141_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
SilverProdigy your name isn't Ric isit??

Yes, it's me Andrew. What do you reckon of the sound deadening job?

thought so! was reading your posts and saw the car, thought it had to be you.

looks like a nice job buddy, will be looking forward to listening to those speakers with deadning when they've broken in

how much did it cost you to get it installed SilverProdigy?

im thinking of sound deadening the doors and boot, coz my sub makes the whole car rattle lol

The cost will depend on how much sound deadening you require. To sound deaden the two doors and the boot, you can buy a Dynamat Bulk kit, costs around $330. Installation cost will depend on your installer. You'll probably look at around the $350-400 mark.

I was just playing a song earlier and found that the bass in this song was causing some rattles in the number plate :(

Luckily it's only happening on a very small number of songs that do this. So you may also want to get stuff to stop your number plate from rattling.

do you have a number plate surround/protector thingy?

i did and it was rattling a lot. so i just took em of and just tightend the screw heaps and its fine now :P

Actually I do. The dealer put it there!

Come to think of it the number plate protector is the one thats rattling. The plate is screwed on tight.

Thanks for the advise.

What material do they use? it looks like foil lol

Haha, yes it is actually foil! :P

If you want more info regarding these glorified foils check out these sites:

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/prodGrid...equestType=NULL

http://www.dynamat.com/products_car_audio_introduction.html