94 camry how many differnt types of 4 cly engines were there in this model

HaydnG

Hi

Could any one tell me how many differnt types of 4cly engines were made in the 1994 camry

I have a 94 wagon vin number 6T172SK1009318483 with engine number 5S4071263 as I neeed to replace the engine .Is that the same as a SDV10 engine Im a little confused Were there a multi point fuel injection motor and a electronic fuel injection motor?Or was the muilti point a V6

Edited by HaydnG

G,day mate,

To my knowledge, the 1994 Camry only came out with the 2.2L 5SFE 4 banger with EFI mate. Not the 3SFE... they were in the Gen II models... I think the latest that the 3SFE came out was 1992, so yeah.

Hi

Could any one tell me how many differnt types of 4cly engines were made in the 1994 camry

I have a 94 wagon vin number 6T172SK1009318483 with engine number 5S4071263 as I neeed to replace the engine .Is that the same as a SDV10 engine Im a little confused Were there a multi point fuel injection motor and a electronic fuel injection motor?Or was the muilti point a V6

Multi-point IS electronic fuel injection. The word multi-point is pretty much useless these days since no-one uses central-point or throttle-body injection, and most people don't even know what they mean

As has been said before though, the engine in the SXV10 was only ever the 2.2L 5SFE, same as the one in the ST184 and ST204 Celicas. This was also used in the SXV20, but was replaced with the 2AZ for the ACV36

1MZ and 3VZ both have same power??? Nice... I always thought the 1MZ had an extra 4kw Russ?

yeah technically the 1MZFE did have a little bit more power than the 3VZFE, a whole 2kw :lol:

3VZFE = 139kw

1MZFE = 141kw

the Gen5 V6 sports models with the 1MZFE had 145kw. But overall that is a pretty small difference, so they are practically the same.

don't know about the power curve between the 1MZ and 3VZ though, I've heard the 3VZ has a better one.

Hi

the 94 Camry either came with a 2.2L 4-cylinder (5S-FE) or a 3.0L V6 (3VZ-FE). Looking at your engine code, you will definitely have the 5S-FE engine, as you can see by the '5S' at the beginning of the code.

there were 3 4cyls in the gen2 and one V6 and after that one of each in every model

1.8i 1S (CI)

2.0 3S-F

2.0i 3S-FE

2.5i 2VZ-FE

thats in order of power, and that last one has a crap load of it trust me

just something pointless for everyone