My poor lil corolla

beanie

Hi all,

great forum here - have already found numerous answers to Corolla questions today!

I love my 2002 blue Corolla Conquest, love it. But I hate that it cops a battering every day - I drive on a rural highway to work every day (only a 2 lane hwy) and often get stuck behind bloody trucks who insist on flicking up mega stones, or have them fall from their uncovered load. My poor lil Corolla has copped a beating from this, the bonnet and front is peppered with stone chips (plus a few on the windscreen).

What can I do to help this (if anything!)

Thanks experts :)

ha ha ha!! We were talking about that - I actually bought the car 3 years ago because I needed a reliable car to get to my new job - my bomb was dying - but funny, it hardly had any scratches or anything - now my 'good' car is being destroyed - poor thing (I have named it Corollatron) The stone chips are pretty deep - kinda looking at preventing rust now. Have also had a cat enjoy itself on it too - a few claw marks on it. I suppose that comes with a love for dark coloured cars!

If it's something that you do all the time, then there is not much point trying to alter it. Car-bra might help with the leading edge of the bonnet and the headlights, but the rest of the bonnet is still going to cop a hiding. My AE102 was originally my dad's, and he racked up a good 1000km a week driving it up to Mudgee and back, which is entirely open road highway full of coal trucks, and it's got a million and one stone chips on the bonnet. If you spend the time and clean them all up, and put some cover-up paint over the top, guaranteed a week will go by and then they'll start appearing like clockwork. Better to just accept it and move on.