air filters

Wixy

hi guys,

anyone here with a camry that has done a simple pod jobbie? ive got a 02 camry and would looooveeee where u got your parts/job done from.

just wondering, if anyone here can shed light on why all car's stock air intakes sit behind the headlights? you would think thats the worst place to put it!?

the idea behind that is , when its out of the engine bay the air is cooler but they dont bring in much air so the fact that its cold dosnt really matter, im looking into getting a pod for my 89 V6 cause theres bugger all flow in my intake

im looking into getting a pod for my 89 V6 cause theres bugger all flow in my intake

tell me about it. my intake is exactly the same position and design as yours, and my camry is 13younger than yours!

i remembered when i had my 4cylin sv21, i unscrewed the left hand parker lens and behind it was the air intake. i left it exposed and went out for a spin and guess what...im positive it wasnt the placebo effect but my sv21 instantly became more responsive and much louder and better to hear when i floored it!

so try it out on yours on a nice sunny day and see how responsive your 89v6 is. :spiteful:

You wanna feel response... take the filter out altogether and go for a spin around the block... that changes everything, lol.

I've re-routed my snorkel down to the front of the car... bit more air and all, but not really any difference honestly.

im looking into getting a pod for my 89 V6 cause theres bugger all flow in my intake

tell me about it. my intake is exactly the same position and design as yours, and my camry is 13younger than yours!

i remembered when i had my 4cylin sv21, i unscrewed the left hand parker lens and behind it was the air intake. i left it exposed and went out for a spin and guess what...im positive it wasnt the placebo effect but my sv21 instantly became more responsive and much louder and better to hear when i floored it!

so try it out on yours on a nice sunny day and see how responsive your 89v6 is. :spiteful:

my light dosnt sit in all the way for some reason so theres an opening so the air get in and its using less fuel now

I replaced the airbox with a pod.. effectively a SRI. Its crap, it gets heat soaked. If ya gonna do it do a CAI.,

Or

Take ya panel filter replace the panel filter with a K&N or something that breaths better then the stock filter, then take ya airbox and drill 1/4 inch or bit bigger holes in the bottom section. Make it look like swish cheese. makes it easier to suck air.

But to go one further, take out all the resonators in your intake pipe work, including the one in the fender. Get a bit of flexi hose and run if from the front bar into the bottom of your air box. kinda like a CAI. Some might say it wont do much, but I did it and its the best intake mod for the price.

Edited by BlindEyeSight

I replaced the airbox with a pod.. effectively a SRI. Its crap, it gets heat soaked. If ya gonna do it do a CAI.,

Or

Take ya panel filter replace the panel filter with a K&N or something that breaths better then the stock filter, then take ya airbox and drill 1/4 inch or bit bigger holes in the bottom section. Make it look like swish cheese. makes it easier to suck air.

But to go one further, take out all the resonators in your intake pipe work, including the one in the fender. Get a bit of flexi hose and run if from the front bar into the bottom of your air box. kinda like a CAI. Some might say it wont do much, but I did it and its the best intake mod for the price.

woo thanks for that mate.

speaking of the devil i was just having a look @ the k&n panel filters to replace my stock. i was weighing up which way to "go", the pods or the panels, but now that u told me pods get heat soaked, panels i go with some added swiss cheese :spiteful:

cheers for that.

any DIY on procedures on how to do that CAI leasaunce?

a DIY? LOL...nah sadly if you going to do it properly, go to an exhaust shop and ask them (most of them will say no though). Make sure you tell you wanted "Mandrel Bend" :spiteful:

I saw him from beginning to end, and it looks very easy (for him) if you have the tools and piping.

any DIY on procedures on how to do that CAI leasaunce?

a DIY? LOL...nah sadly if you going to do it properly, go to an exhaust shop and ask them (most of them will say no though). Make sure you tell you wanted "Mandrel Bend" :spiteful:

I saw him from beginning to end, and it looks very easy (for him) if you have the tools and piping.

ah yeah.. lol... okay how much it cost you?