7AFE n/a upgrades

Lawz

ok guys I'm after some n/a power... no I don't want to do engine conversions not til I finish uni or something bad happens to the engine.

I am thinking of upgrading the fuel system... like higher flowing injectors, fuel pump, regulator (thats if you think it is need?) and also Apexi? Air/Fuel Controller.

So questions

1. Would it be worth doing such upgrades? Any issues I might expect from doing this?

2. Would Apexi AFC be worth it or should I instead consider a piggy back fuel computer like Greddy E-manage?

3. Should I need to upgrade the intake manifold... like off another Toyota or have to go custom?

I've googled and can't find the answers I want or I was searching the wrong keywords. So please help us out.

Thank you...

Oh reason I don't want to do engine conversion as yet is because I plan to do either 3S-GTE or if possible 2ZZGE conversion after I complete my degrees.

You seem to be upgrading the support systems of the engine in order for it to support more power. Question I would like to ask is what you are doing to your engine to make all this power??

PS. Did not read your profile if you listed all your mods there then me bad.

1. No. Would run too rich.

2. Emanage is better bang for buck than the AFC

3. No, at most you could go for a larger throttle body.

Thank you rollamods... that was exactly what I wanted to know. Oh if you know... how much roughly would I be looking at to get the emanage tuned and what gains and issues should/would I expect?

You seem to be upgrading the support systems of the engine in order for it to support more power. Question I would like to ask is what you are doing to your engine to make all this power??

PS. Did not read your profile if you listed all your mods there then me bad.

haha my engine is dead stock apart from K&N panel filter and 3" piping running from airbox to front bar centre grille... though it is restricted because I had to squish it inbetween the headlight cluster and radiator gap. Will be doing a proper CAI like Poggy's done in the next few weeks.

Reason I asked the above questions was because I had a thought that I could get some sort of cheap gains since my engine is only run in at approximately 90100Ks so it's totally not worth doing engine conversion until I start touching 200,000Ks or major engine issues occur.

I had thought about doing a G head conversion and possibly thicker rods from 4AGZE but in the end for me I'd rather save til I finish uni so I can go ahead with either 2ZZGE or 3SGTE (a guy Petroma in Greece has done 3SGTE into same model rolla and sedan like mine putting out 415hp).

Go to Twincam.info, look up Davo's AE102 member's ride thread. He's dyno-ing around the 80kw ATW mark with minor headwork, exhaust/intake and an eManage, on the FE head. Very worthwhile as an idea about how far you can go on stock or modified stock components without going for a GE head or turbo