American versions?

Zeus

Y'all,

I've found an abundance of these cassette decks on ebay, for a gen 4 Camry, but they're the American version. If I bought one of these, would it be fairly easy to install? More to the point, would it be compatible? I've got some pics below, as well as one of the donor vehicle (in a bad state).

post-5043-1195110196_thumb.jpg

post-5043-1195110254_thumb.jpg

post-5043-1195110328_thumb.jpg

Guest dong-soo
radio would NOT work here...cassette would work though! just remember its 21st century now :lol: :P You might wanna consider getting one with a CD slot.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollolol

lolololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololol

lollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollo

olololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollolololo

ololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololo

lololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollolol

lolololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololol

lollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollo

olololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollolololo

ololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololo

lollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololollololololololol

Edited by dong-soo

dude, why do u insist on a toyota oem cassette deck?

why dont u just purchase a nice looking black cd player with the works that suits your dash surroundings? u dont need to spend more than $250bucks, which includes installation that has a lifetime warranty...

if u want your toyota dash to look original then mmm fine, but...its a cassette deck. i dont know anyone here who looks forward to seeing an oem toyota deck in someone's car.

my car came with a 2 deck fujitsu cassette and cd player but i changed it to a nice black sony one. it looks much better and it plays mp3/wma's on cd-r/cdrws. im not selling my oem 2deck as i still need it else where.

No one's havin a go at ya... but crikey, you'd have to PAY ME to take one and put it back in my car. The quality's crapola, and it's a tape deck. Unless you have heaps of tapes... and haven't replaced them with CDs over the last 20 years, then stick with the tape deck.

I'm sure there's someone willing to GIVE you their tape deck...

Seriously, as guys have said, just go buy a Sony/Pioneer/Panasonic/Kenwood/Alpine Head Unit... prob get at the right time a decent price... these mainstream common brands are pretty easy to get ahold of... a lot of competition in selling them too. May as well splash out and get an MP3 player Head Unit. You'll fit all your tapes onto one CD... and if you get the HU from like, JB or WOW or sumfin... they'll do a decent price in the install part too (like $80 with lifetime install warranty).

Can't get much better than that mate! I ended up buying a Panasonic HU with mechanical face on special for like $220 from $450... go huntin :)