starlet owners

GEOCOOL69

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  I have installed a FuelSaver device (http://www.fuelstar.com/), which remarkably does work.  The engine runs smoother, and I run close to 550klms out of a tank, regardless of how I drive the Starlet, even at 120,000klms!  B)

I'm not sure how effective those fuel saver devices are ... we've just purchased an '04 Corolla wagon, but my previous car had almost 160,000 fairly hard kms on the clock ... I didn't have any extra devices on it, but driving mostly around town I expected a minimum 600 kms from every tank. Usually on a long country trip, we would expect at least 700 kms.

Having said that, though, I absolutely agree with your comments about the car's reliability. In the almost 6 yrs/160k, I only serviced it and replaced consumables, like batteries and tyres, and touched up a few stone chips. You mentioned the headlining and seats ... my headlining had started to wrinkle a bit around the corners, but it never dropped. Also, although the seats are a bit flat, I didn't have any structural problems with them ... and weighing in at a bit over 120kg, I'm a touch bigger than the Japanese people they were originally designed for! :-)

I'd thoroughly recommend a Starlet to anyone in the market for such a vehicle ... I have a mate with an Excel, same vintage as my Starlet but with half the kms, and although previously only a one woman owner, it is without a doubt the worst car I've ever driven ... and I never thought the Daewoo Matiz would be beaten on that score! :-)

Cheers.