Summit rear strut review

JAZE55

I installed this yesterday and I must say it did make a noticable difference. The chasis feels alot tighter and cornering now, the car feels alot more stable. Our cars should come standard with this, if anyone has ripped out their whole boot interior before, and pushed the bare metal you would have noticed there is alot of flex.

I had to butcher some of the rear trim but its not noitcable at all unless you are specifically looking.

This is a must mod, way better than the front strut. But I guess all the little components compliment each other.

I have attached pics below for everyone.

post-640-1196313895_thumb.jpg

post-640-1196313903_thumb.jpg

post-640-1196313911_thumb.jpg

Edited by JAZE55

looking at the way it mounts up there would be some flex in the mouting brackes, this is somthing that the TRD setup avoids by mounting directly to the bolt up points.....

They are mounted exactly like the C-ONE brace using 2 bolts on each seatbelt bracket, they are very secure.

Edited by JAZE55

This is a must mod, way better than the front strut.

I have been saying this for years, the back half of the Corolla chassis is like liquorice. Even on a stock car the rear strut is great.

It wont make you faster, but you will be able to actually feel what the car is doing at the back.

This is a must mod, way better than the front strut.

I have been saying this for years, the back half of the Corolla chassis is like liquorice. Even on a stock car the rear strut is great.

It wont make you faster, but you will be able to actually feel what the car is doing at the back.

Yes superdave, what you describe is very true. The rear of the car feels so much more stable, I know this because there are a number of corners I always take at speed. The difference is amazing, knowing and feeling what the car is doing.