CES Header Review

Well I have installed them and I must say I am impressed with the extra low-mid range torque. I was hesitant at first, but had a chat with trevor to confirm my doubts. The ports on the inlet are excellent, but the collector could have been more cleaned up. Comparing it to boosted port jobs on new celica.

I have a question for those also running the CES headers, are you guys running with or without the heatshields. I am running without and it seems as if the underbonnet temp have increased, is there anything to be worried about?

i have been running mine since day one without the heatsheild without any prob's

Thats good to hear northy. Reason I ask was i went to inspect my headers today after driving and put my hand on the strut brace and burnt myself :lol: lol. The area seemed a lil warmer than normal.

U can put the heatshield back on, but you should of did this.

=0-

The headers are HPC coated to retain heat so no need to wrap em up. Plus they are all nice and shiny so why would I want cover them up :lol:

BINGO!!! :toast:

Some of the collectors are very ordinary to say the least. I have looked at about 6 or more sets of stock headers and some were rough as and some pretty good. To totally clean up a rough set to a nice smooth surface would porting a lot out of the collector area leaving some spots pretty thin. This in turn would reduce strength and create a weak spot which in time may crack or split.

How do you like the way you can now just simply change at low rpm and have nice throttle response into the next gear. Also you can become lazy and not have to change down a gear to go up hills etc. All you have to do is squeeze the throttle a bit more.

I personally think that these headers were the thing that made my Sportivo so much better to drive day to day and then if you combine them with cat back and CAI the performance gains will put a nice big smile on your face....

U can put the heatshield back on, but you should of did this.

=0-

The headers are HPC coated to retain heat so no need to wrap em up. Plus they are all nice and shiny so why would I want cover them up :lol:

BINGO!!! :toast:

Some of the collectors are very ordinary to say the least. I have looked at about 6 or more sets of stock headers and some were rough as and some pretty good. To totally clean up a rough set to a nice smooth surface would porting a lot out of the collector area leaving some spots pretty thin. This in turn would reduce strength and create a weak spot which in time may crack or split.

How do you like the way you can now just simply change at low rpm and have nice throttle response into the next gear. Also you can become lazy and not have to change down a gear to go up hills etc. All you have to do is squeeze the throttle a bit more.

I personally think that these headers were the thing that made my Sportivo so much better to drive day to day and then if you combine them with cat back and CAI the performance gains will put a nice big smile on your face....

I am very happy with the difference it has made, low-midrange punch is very very good. I think its even better because i have the unichip to synergise everything

i finally started my new job. gonna be paying the QLD members a visit and pay CES a visit. cant waitttt

Get it done once and get it done right, speak to Trevor and you wont go wrong. They have exceptional customer service and are very friendly, I recommend them very highly..... :toast: :toast: :toast:

• 1 month later...

I'm in talks with them currently. Still a tad confused after the email I received back, but from what I gathered I have to trade in my existing headers and pay for the new ones?

Plus with the catback, I asked for the exhaust piping minus the muffler and they seemed intent on selling the muffler with it.

Edited by bADbOYz

I'm in talks with them currently. Still a tad confused after the email I received back, but from what I gathered I have to trade in my existing headers and pay for the new ones?

Plus with the catback, I asked for the exhaust piping minus the muffler and they seemed intent on selling the muffler with it.

yeah id recommend on buying the muffler aswell. cause the muffler and components in the system were designed to work together. so if you havent got the same muffler it may be to loud or not perform as well.

yeah id recommend on buying the muffler aswell. cause the muffler and components in the system were designed to work together. so if you havent got the same muffler it may be to loud or not perform as well.

I know why they made the muffler the way they did. I'm not forking out an additional $650 for a muffler though. I have someone who can fabricate a box for me already that's why I only need from the engine to the start of the muffler.

I'm happy giving an Exhaust place in Canberra the opportunity to design something here. I'll be the guinea pig if it comes to that.

Perhaps just get the headers from them and get the cat to rear axle piping done locally.

That's what I've been thinking dude. If I have to unbolt mine and send them up there though I won't be doing that lol. I became very confused at their pricing option on it.