My Aurion

AcoustiK

congrats. looks awesome. it will look even better when its lowered :) btw arent your lights looking too bluish for 4750k? or is it just the photos? i thought they dont appear bluish till 8000k

Edited by Buri_ZR6

congrats. looks awesome. it will look even better when its lowered :) btw arent your lights looking too bluish for 4750k? or is it just the photos? i thought they dont appear bluish till 8000k

Thanks, Yeah its blueish in real life as the photos, on a HID 5000K is pure white, so i was on the assumption that it will be on that level but with these Mtecs its more like to a 6000k kit similar to what I had on the Skyline, a white light with a blue tinge. I might opt for a HID kit infact, 5000k, not too fond of the performance these would be in the wet...

So far on my list of upgrades is...:

30mm lower

4 x Eclipse 4way SE8495's

JVC Exad double-din AVX900 dvd player (Going to have to get the 2slot facia from toyota and I might recolor and clearcoat to blend in with the HU)

amp and Type R subwoofer

TRD front and maybe rear bumper if a good price :).

Nice rims =)

btw your Mtec 4750K are the normal halogen bulbs right?

if so, how come its so bright! i bought some Mtec 4750K Bulbs and they are no where near that bright!

i recently bought some 8000K HID and its like the same colour/ brightness as your lights.

Nice rims =)

btw your Mtec 4750K are the normal halogen bulbs right?

if so, how come its so bright! i bought some Mtec 4750K Bulbs and they are no where near that bright!

i recently bought some 8000K HID and its like the same colour/ brightness as your lights.

Thanks,

Yeah I prolonged the shutter to night shot on the camera and looks that bright, normal shot was too dark.

Yep they are normal halogens, and realisticly they are not bright at all - slightly less than the OEM standards.

I think your 8000k would be more bluer and definately brighter than mine as my camera tends to exagerate on the colour a bit, being more vivid plus the over exposure i did.

Mine would match a 6000K hid, but way less brighter....

Speaking of which, did a bit of research and found some more premium quality lightbulbs that claim 80-90% more light than a standard halogen etc

Do a search on:

Philips Xtreme Power - only in h4's h3's i think cant find any H11's

Osram Night Breaker - http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=113

Edited by AcoustiK

• 3 months later...

Thanks, Yeah its blueish in real life as the photos, on a HID 5000K is pure white, so i was on the assumption that it will be on that level but with these Mtecs its more like to a 6000k kit similar to what I had on the Skyline, a white light with a blue tinge. I might opt for a HID kit infact, 5000k, not too fond of the performance these would be in the wet...

So far on my list of upgrades is...:

30mm lower

4 x Eclipse 4way SE8495's

JVC Exad double-din AVX900 dvd player (Going to have to get the 2slot facia from toyota and I might recolor and clearcoat to blend in with the HU)

amp and Type R subwoofer

TRD front and maybe rear bumper if a good price :).

great rims, can I have more info on them?

KOYA RUSH II's 8.5x20" Chromes.

I was originally looking for XIX X05's (same specs looks a bit different like BBS styles) but some bhastard bought the last set for his 2007 M3 ....ARGH

Also just to note, as for the list of upgrades, ive taken a different step a bit

HU is better:

Kenwood DDX8039

Subwoofer upgraded:

Kicker L7 12" Solo Baric

900wrms Kenwood KAC-9152 Mono Block

and needing a Farad Capacitor for the power.