Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First run dead heat, second run, the colt got ahead of me, enough to confirm the little peashooteR Colt got some mumbo.

When Ro' gets his colt up to the other colt's speed, it will be all over red rover for me, that thing was a missile.

I know I'm a one eyed die hard lunatic corolla supporter, and this doesn't change anything, for an NA, lift is awesome.

whitestivo

will catch you guys next week. Hubby actually enjoyed just going for some random drive lol (i was under the influence so no driving for me) will try get there alot closer to 8pm this time lol

Edited by Soarer_Gurl

Are any of you "racers" not afraid to get your cars a little dirty?

My car club is holding a grass motorkhana on the 6th of March if anyone wants to pit their "skilz" against a gutless, little Echo :P (amongst a variety of other cars).

The motorkhanas are much more about driver ability, memory and car control than about power (although a good driver can put it to good use) and provide plenty of opportunities for front wheel drives to use the hand brake. But of course, they don't count for much in the way of braggin rights to your mates.

My car club is holding a grass motorkhana on the 6th of March if anyone wants to pit their "skilz" against a gutless, little Echo :P (amongst a variety of other cars).

The motorkhanas are much more about driver ability, memory and car control than about power (although a good driver can put it to good use) and provide plenty of opportunities for front wheel drives to use the hand brake. But of course, they don't count for much in the way of braggin rights to your mates.

Sounds like a fun learning experience. I expect the HMAS Aurion would be sliding around like it's on ice, but it should be fun nevertheless.

sounds like it could be fun...

Rob: id love to do a motorkhana... but unfortunately, the aurion doesnt have a normal handbrake... :(

if i had another car, i'd LOVE to do it...

i did one YEARS ago in my rolla and it was so much fun... sooooo much harder than a track or a mountain!!! :D

Rob: id love to do a motorkhana... but unfortunately, the aurion doesnt have a normal handbrake... :(

So you just have to use some skill and talent and throw the car more to get the weight shift thing happening. I had to do exactly the same in my Mitsubishi VR4 as the handbrakes in them don't work well enough to lock up the rears on grass and the turning circle is not that good.

Can you turn the abs and traction control and any other pansy driver saving device off in an Aurion?

Can you turn the abs and traction control and any other pansy driver saving device off in an Aurion?

You sure can turn off the VSC and Traction Control. ABS is a little iffy. Apparently it should turn off when you turn VSC/TC off but from experience I have found that mine tends to stay on.

If all else fails, there are relays and fuses that can be removed.

You sure can turn off the VSC and Traction Control. ABS is a little iffy. Apparently it should turn off when you turn VSC/TC off but from experience I have found that mine tends to stay on.

If all else fails, there are relays and fuses that can be removed.

That's good. I found with my vr4 that it stopped alot quicker on grass with the abs switched off. But maybe in the last 20 years technology has advanced to the point where the tables are turned. I would hope so anyway.

When Ro' gets his colt up to the other colt's speed, it will be all over red rover for me, that thing was a missile.

whitestivo

its not that fast he only beat me by a half a car length by 160 both times...ill get u soon ray (seans car)

Top 10 spammers in this thread :P

Poster Posts

Northy 218

mick.wheelz 218

DJKOR 196

DHC09 185

SuperDave 184

HDACHE 169

SILVABULLIT 151

Azza 148

SecaBoy 145

natedog11six 141

I should now be equal with AZN Dave with this post.

Top 10 spammers in this thread :P

Poster Posts

Northy 218

mick.wheelz 218

DJKOR 196

DHC09 185

SuperDave 184

HDACHE 169

SILVABULLIT 151

Azza 148

SecaBoy 145

natedog11six 141

I should now be equal with AZN Dave with this post.

should officially be beating north now. yay!