Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

okay, well, WOW... that is nice...

as long as the front is as nice as the back, i have to retract my previous statements i've made about how fuqn ugly the MR-S is...

seriously a nice looking car!!

I told ya :P

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Ray Rei for bringing out the cars on such short notice.. Hope you didn't drop too much of your dinner. :P
hahaha well i wasnt told til my other mates were like oi ray nebo run im like WAHhhhh??? oh ok :) far out my mates celica sounded so nice :)

It sure did. Sweet sound when it hit lift as well. But DAMN that MR-S was phat (literally).

Lift? What lift? Cheers guys.. It's stock.. Honest. But... I haven't felt lift in about 2 yrs.

Ray Rei.. Your invited to our Nebo runs from now on. :toast: Made me have to actually get up and go. Last person to suprise me that much was Peter.... damn fast bastards.. :whistling:

Jimmy you always chickened out on nebo runs when Sportivo's dominated the landscape back in the day. :P Always had "something else to do" lol

Apart from North's commodore the quickest thing I have been in up Nebo was his sportivo closely followed by mine. I am a lil more sympathetic on the machinery than North LOL

Next week we could do a cruise to a certain "new car wash" that has just opened and is all lit up at night. You can even use you own stuff if you want to. If there is enough interest I will even be there to give tips on cleaning a car properly :toast:

Apart from North's commodore the quickest thing I have been in up Nebo was his sportivo closely followed by mine. I am a lil more sympathetic on the machinery than North LOL

I think any car that Northy was to drive would be a weapon.

Next week we could do a cruise to a certain "new car wash" that has just opened and is all lit up at night. You can even use you own stuff if you want to. If there is enough interest I will even be there to give tips on cleaning a car properly :toast:

I'm definitely there. Then I don't need to wash my car before the meet.

Thanks Ray Rei for bringing out the cars on such short notice.. Hope you didn't drop too much of your dinner. :P
hahaha well i wasnt told til my other mates were like oi ray nebo run im like WAHhhhh??? oh ok :) far out my mates celica sounded so nice :)

It sure did. Sweet sound when it hit lift as well. But DAMN that MR-S was phat (literally).

Lift? What lift? Cheers guys.. It's stock.. Honest. But... I haven't felt lift in about 2 yrs.

Ray Rei.. Your invited to our Nebo runs from now on. :toast: Made me have to actually get up and go. Last person to suprise me that much was Peter.... damn fast bastards.. :whistling:

Jimmy you always chickened out on nebo runs when Sportivo's dominated the landscape back in the day. :P Always had "something else to do" lol

Of course.. My car is too slow to go up with the stivo. I only go up with family cars like aurion, integra, lancers and silvias... My car is stock afterall...

Where were you guys last night? Made me feel like such an oldie with the new group.

Maybe we should do another run.. Enlighten me on how fast you guys are. As long as I get to stick out the back, don't want to hold you guys back. We should get Pippy, Wei wei and all the old boys to do old school run..

Edited by 51EKA

I was wondering what was going on there next door to your work... rival stakes...

Anyway I chickened out of Nebo again :P haha I'm still scared :| Good to see the phat Autosalon MR2 again... haven't seen it in years.

Awesome pics so far Michael. Top stuff mate.

what does the mr2 have in it?

1ZZ-FE I'm pretty sure....

CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BING BING BING 100points :)

haha! That's why post 3rd gen ZZW30 MR2s are now considered hairdresser cars or better way to put it... less appealing in all aspects. If Toyota continued them as turbo variations or at least with 2ZZ-GE engines then we'd see some wicked ones rolling around. But kudos to Autosalon Mag who put together a wicked "looking" MR2 Spyder.

Edited by 11TWO

Of course.. My car is too slow to go up with the stivo. I only go up with family cars like aurion, integra, lancers and silvias... My car is stock afterall...

Where were you guys last night? Made me feel like such an oldie with the new group.

Maybe we should do another run.. Enlighten me on how fast you guys are. As long as I get to stick out the back, don't want to hold you guys back. We should get Pippy, Wei wei and all the old boys to do old school run..

HAHAHAHAHAHA good to see your still alive Jimmy!! Old school meet would be a bit of a blast from the past that's for sure!! Would be a great mix of cars I tell you. I might get something organsied shortly stay tuned.....

As for the car wash i used it last night and the lighting is really good!! My boss is more than happy for you guys to bring your own stuff to wash(car wash etc etc) the facilities are there to be utilised so we might make this a regular thing. Might even make a good back drop for the photo snappers.....

HAHAHAHAHAHA good to see your still alive Jimmy!! Old school meet would be a bit of a blast from the past that's for sure!! Would be a great mix of cars I tell you. I might get something organsied shortly stay tuned.....

As for the car wash i used it last night and the lighting is really good!! My boss is more than happy for you guys to bring your own stuff to wash(car wash etc etc) the facilities are there to be utilised so we might make this a regular thing. Might even make a good back drop for the photo snappers.....

Noticed a glowing Self-Serve Hoppy's the other night when the crew decided to head out to Nebo (thought they might ahve been @ the Rail).

Definitely will attend this Thursday.

I'll be out this Thursday and the car needs a wash quite badly even though i only washed it 2 weeks ago. :( It ALWAYS rains the next few days after i wash the car :( .

Keep me updated.. You know I don't troll the forums much anymore..

haha! That's why post 3rd gen ZZW30 MR2s are now considered hairdresser cars or better way to put it...

Nothing 7k worth of MWR bolt on turbo can't fix :lol:

Only downside is it will still have the auto clutch. Toyota really got the MR-S wrong :(

haha! That's why post 3rd gen ZZW30 MR2s are now considered hairdresser cars or better way to put it...

Nothing 7k worth of MWR bolt on turbo can't fix :lol:

Only downside is it will still have the auto clutch. Toyota really got the MR-S wrong :(

No... Toyota AUSTRALIA really got the MR-S wrong..

No... Toyota AUSTRALIA really got the MR-S wrong..

Only on the SMT front, the head office got it wrong by not offering the 2zz either :(

now that I totally agree with. They went all soft!

MR2 went from 4A-GE & 4A-GZE to 3S-GE & 3S-GTE to kill it off with just a 1ZZ-FE... FAIL!

I also take it this is like your standard self-service car wash? As long as it's got a high pressure hose and foam dispenser... I'm set.

Will definitely be there since I'm not going to be around for the next 6-7 weeks from this Sunday.

I also take it this is like your standard self-service car wash? As long as it's got a high pressure hose and foam dispenser... I'm set.

Will definitely be there since I'm going to be around for the next 6-7 weeks from this Sunday.

orly.jpg

ya_rly.jpg

Should bring the Celica out to get some cleaning tips from the pro. See if you're paint will stay on the car :lol:

haha, its not meant to be clean... or pretty :P