Stubborn Bore Water Stain

Kenneth

I've searched around the forum but no luck on a topic on bore water stain :) I guess since aussies like their bore water and some irresponsible places that does not fix thier sprinkler properly (i was hit by a HUGE sprinkler on the side of the road, it wsnt watering the grass, half of them were aiming @ the road.. WTF? i thot we are hving water crisis and they wasting water DIRTYING my car) oh well, there is a car wash thr i guess they want me to wash my car thr after all the dirty nasty water..

alright back to what i wanted to ask.. After leaving the bore water overnight and i was trying to clean it.. i wiped it off with some chomis (however u spell it) looks alrite.. all the yellow spots are gone BUT @ close inspection i still see little stubborn mark stuck to the paint... not visible but kinda ANNOYING!

i tried to put bit of pressure to wipe them off.. no luck.. is there any other way other then a good polish can get rid? :)

ta

• Like 1

Mate, I know how you feel. I got bore water stains on my windscreen that were so bad that simply... I broke the windscreen, and insurance paid for a new one (this was actually done with their permission).

The side windows still look ratty (best word I could think of). There are silicone based spray ons that claim to remove the staining, but FFS, don't try them - they make things MUCH worse. Imagine silicone streaks on the window, at night, with a light illuminating it. Blinding, to say the least.

Some say using dilute vinegar works a treat, but I haven't yet tried it.

Mate, I know how you feel. I got bore water stains on my windscreen that were so bad that simply... I broke the windscreen, and insurance paid for a new one (this was actually done with their permission).

The side windows still look ratty (best word I could think of). There are silicone based spray ons that claim to remove the staining, but FFS, don't try them - they make things MUCH worse. Imagine silicone streaks on the window, at night, with a light illuminating it. Blinding, to say the least.

Some say using dilute vinegar works a treat, but I haven't yet tried it.

lol i thot mine was bad.. far out .. break the windscreen and get a new one :| damn... thts insane.. i think they should ban bore water.. im going to call water corp if they dont fix up their sprinkler and give them a hefty fine..

dilute vinegar.. i will give it a shot and let u know :P

UPDATE:: I wiped infected areas with diluted white vinegar, it works a treat!! those stain happily went away but again i dont know if that is any good for ur paint job but heck.. if u do that before u give ur car a good wash there arent much to worry :)

Edited by kenneth

FYI, the other product that will most probably work is good ole CLR, but I have no idea what effect that would have on rubber seals or paintwork.

Good to know the vinegar worked. What sort of dilution ratio did you use?

FYI, the other product that will most probably work is good ole CLR, but I have no idea what effect that would have on rubber seals or paintwork.

Good to know the vinegar worked. What sort of dilution ratio did you use?

i had no idea.. i could say.. 1 part vinegar and 5 parts water.. i didnt rly look but i just put enuf water so its not so strong..

also another way to get rid of the NOT SO stubborn stain is to goto ur local car wash.. use those HIGH PRESSURE thing.. they get washed off quite happily.. for the more stubborn one.. use vinegar :) but my advice is to do it before u wash ur car :P u dont want ur car to smell like vinegar i tell u that

mmm presssssssure washer...

Just bought a Bosch, so anytime you want to come over and have a wet shirt competition... I'll be sure to invite BadBoys over. Actually, the pressure would probably launch him over the fence, but it would be worth the laugh!

I strongly believe that using the PW actually uses less water to wash my car than by any other means available to me, exp as I have dark blue paint. LUV IT! :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...
My high pressure cleaner uses around 7 lt/min. Those new watersaver shower heads use 9lt/min.

Yes, my lovely neighbour reported me to the council for 'inappropriate use of water'. Once they saw the washer unit, they turned around and walked away. It can take as little as 2 minutes for me to clean my car top to tail with the washer.

I think I might go do it now!

I really dislike my neighbour, but I do suspect he has quite serious social problems. His bore is smelly too. :blink:

• 1 month later...
My high pressure cleaner uses around 7 lt/min. Those new watersaver shower heads use 9lt/min.

Yes, my lovely neighbour reported me to the council for 'inappropriate use of water'. Once they saw the washer unit, they turned around and walked away. It can take as little as 2 minutes for me to clean my car top to tail with the washer.

I think I might go do it now!

I really dislike my neighbour, but I do suspect he has quite serious social problems. His bore is smelly too. :blink:

i think u only allow to use bore 3 days a week :P make sure they use it on the right day or else ;) report them